Help - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Chinchilla Discussion Twitching whiskers, fluffy tails, silky soft fur and all else chinchilla!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-27-2006, 11:50 PM Thread Starter
Newborn Pup

Unhappy Help

The hair on Squirts nose is starting to come out what is the cause of this I took out his wood house. I thought maybe he was scrapping it on there as he was chewing it... Is this a matter that I need to speak with my vet about Someone please help me... thanks Jessi

Jessi,
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-28-2006, 02:19 AM
Fluffy Potatokisser

Yes, take him to the vet. If the skin seems red and inflammed or scabby or flakey, he could very well have a fungus. Even if it's not, take him in, check it out, and have them do a fungal test. Put the wood house back in for now, chewing on it is good for him. This isn't something you need to rush to the ER for, but make an appointment as soon as possible. If it's ringworm, you can get it too, so you want to get a handle on it now, before it becomes a bigger problem. Good luck and let us know what you find out

Chin Mom to Lila, Skye, Ty, Rolex, Calypso, Lizzie, Jax, Sam, Sage, Lorenzo, Spitfire, Holly, Dylan, Leia, Punky, Kylie, Skylar, Jetta, Oreo, Emma, Forest, Georgie, Alexis, Picador and all the kits!
Pittie Mom to Kali and Orion
Rattie Mom to Drake and Dumbo
Bunny Mom to Dutchie
Plain ole Mom to Zach, Brandon and Connor!
Come visit us at
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-28-2006, 10:02 AM Thread Starter
Newborn Pup

I just called the vet and Im waiting for her to call me back.... Last night my hubby read in the book that it could be a fungus like you mentioned and I wanted to know how long it takes before it shows up I have just barely had him 2 weeks today. And can you use like Lamisil or tinactin on something like a fungus? Thank You Jessi

Jessi,

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-28-2006, 03:28 PM
Kansas City Chinchillas

You can put tinacin powder in his dust bath. One teaspoon to a cup of dust. I'm not certain of exactly how long fungus takes to manifest itself but it is possible your chin came to you with it.

Cathy
Kansas City Chinchillas

Tags
dust bath