HELP...Need Chinnie supplies fast!!! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Chinchilla Discussion Twitching whiskers, fluffy tails, silky soft fur and all else chinchilla!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-14-2004, 05:08 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Therapist

Exclamation HELP...Need Chinnie supplies fast!!!

I know some of you are thinking what?? at the subject line, but it's true..... During a stop at one of the decent pet stores today to find more kitten formula, we couldn't believe our eyes, there in a cage big enough for a hamster (maybe) were 2 very gorgeous standard chinnies (mating pair), not sure of the age as we forgot to ask, however they look very young from our brief examination. They both appear to be very healthy (shocker), and their fur quality is amazing, a little on the small size (could be because we think they are young), however the female was laying on her back nearly panting she was so warm, and the food that was given was enough to make any small animal yack at the sight, not to mention they had a large piece of Italian bread in there (for what we haven't a clue). Okay I began to cry as I looked at my husband, and we both agreed w/out discussion that if we were to leave them there they would most like get ill (due to poor diet, ect) or would not make it due to the heat. Soooooooo off to find some supplies we went, and we didn't get far because around here chinchilla's aren't common, we told the guy that owned the store we would be back tomorrow to get them. We have to get them out of there, from the short time we were there both chinnies seemed to be decently friendly, however even if they aren't that is still no reason to leave them there. So we are doing the one thing we said we would never do here, okay two things. 1) supporting the pet store animals here 2) caring for a chinchilla in southern Italy. We are going to be in for a long haul with these two, but we are true to our hearts and our love for chinnies that we are getting them and bringing them home tomorrow. The hubby went to the local construction company, and was able to get some really decent "chicken wire" and is currently building a temporary cage that is approx. 48" high 13" wide 25" deep, so this will due well for them until we can build a cage they truly deserve. I know it is going to be a hard procedure to get them back to the states when we leave here, but they will be coming back with us, we will not leave them here that is for sure. Okay now back to the subject header, we need chinnie supplies and fast, does anyone know where can order online that can be sent out to us at a decent speed. We need, hay, decent chinnie feed, dust, dust bath, ect... I have found a few places online that sells most of the things we need for these two, however I don't approve of the products such as kaytee chinchilla pellets, ect. So we are finding ourselves in a bit of pickle. If anyone knows where can order fast please your help would be greatly appreciated..... I know you all are thinking we're nuts, but we just can't leave them there <shrug>

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

MCBA Member

Submit your info today

I Sell Chinchilla Supplies!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-14-2004, 05:30 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

Talk to both Chinworld and Lonestar. Chinworld has rushed me things when I've needed them.

If you need things ASAP and they can't get it fast enough, I can give you probably 5-10lbs of Mazuri/Tradition mix, Timothy Hay, and probably 5 lbs of dust if you can PayPal me the $$ once we figure shipping out.

PS
Sorry, I'm at work, can't type too lengthy of a reply on friday nights!

Stephanie

post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-14-2004, 05:38 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Therapist

Jade your a doll, I've tried going through chinworld and came up with the problem of shipping UPS to a box address. Having a PSC addie can be such a pain, most sites are either not recognizing AE as a state, or when I change it to Ny,Ny it says the zip doesn't match for NY state...UGH!!!! We have what appears to be decent pellets to start them off, I read the ingredients and no added sugars, fats, ect, and it has the rolled oats in it as well, however we would really like the Mazuri and much needed timothy hay. I will keep on my search, if you can just tally a total in the meantime Thanks again

MCBA Member

Submit your info today

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-14-2004, 05:41 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

Call them or email them, they will usually help you out. I've called Ingrid before and she overnighted me some food.

Stephanie

post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-14-2004, 05:47 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NavyWife97
I will keep on my search, if you can just tally a total in the meantime Thanks again
PM me the address and I'll calculate shipping too.

Stephanie

post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-14-2004, 06:12 PM
PT's Official Law Breaker

Would it be quicker to order from the UK? I just had a quick look and this guy looks like he would ship to you. http://www.chillaquip.freeuk.com/accessory.htm
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-14-2004, 06:14 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

Great idea, Catherine!! I hadn't even thought of Spooner!

Stephanie

post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-14-2004, 06:20 PM
PT's Official Law Breaker

There is also a UK Chinchilla board which looks like it has a number of other people from Europe on there and I did see one thread from someone in Italy. Maybe if you posted on their you could get some help too.

http://www.chinchillas-unlimited.co....ums/index.php?
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-14-2004, 09:17 PM

Kim,
I can send some Mazuri, Timothy Hay and dust if need be, the same as Jade if you could reimburse for shipping.
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-15-2004, 11:43 AM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Therapist

Aweee you all are the greatest......I can say thank you enough, well we have the chinnies, and OMG they are so sweet and so adorable, we believe the guy said they were to be about 8 months of age, I am going to weigh them tonight and get started on a decent nutrition diet as best as possible..... I have no problem sending funds via pay-pal (if I can remember our account access) haha.... Cathrine thanks a ton for the info, I am definitely going to check those out ASAP!!!! Shipping from the U.K. may be quicker because our PSC (NY) addie also has a converted Italia addie, so both go right to the security department where my husband works at the base. I know it's been many months since we've had chinnies in our household, and having to sex them ect, we were told they were m/f however they look to both be male, although after spending 6 hours in the hot sun today running our pet adoption days, my eyes could have been playing tricks on me I will update you all and get pics soon....Sassy and Jade I will also PM you our addie again as well........Thanks Again your the greatest!!!

MCBA Member

Submit your info today

post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-15-2004, 09:48 PM
Movin' Up in the Pack

Kim You have a big beautiful heart!

Team Captain: Mother of 250 chinchillas!
New litters weekly...I must be nuts
post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-16-2004, 03:21 AM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Therapist

Aweee thanks I just couldn't leave them there even though it was a southern Italy pet shop...... Boy shipping our zoo back is going to cost guess we should start saving now......I am going to get in touch with some contacts that do international shipping where the chinnies are concerned, and the rest of the herd will fly out on PetAir through Germany........It's great to have chinnies back in the household

MCBA Member

Submit your info today

post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-17-2004, 07:21 AM

I know that those two chinnies will have the best home with you, I am sure that they love you and Darren already. When will we get to see pics of your new babies?

Going to get a package ready to ship out to you today.. Is there anything else that you need besides feed, hay and dust? PM or email me if there is.
post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-17-2004, 11:13 AM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Therapist

Aweee Sassy you are always there for us will be emailing ya or PMing ya soon.... We will be getting pics of Vickie and Torro soon, they are still adapting to their new enviroment, Darren built them a 48x25x13 inch cage, made them a hide-box and a hammock, shelves and all the whole bit, not to happy with the very thick bottom of a container, but it works We finally have names for them and got them from this, seeing as we got them in Varcaturo, Italy... Vickie = Varco and Torro = Turo, haha....

MCBA Member

Submit your info today

post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-17-2004, 02:35 PM
Movin' Up in the Pack

Quote:
Originally Posted by NavyWife97
Varcaturo, Italy... Vickie = Varco and Torro = Turo, haha....
Now that's Italian!

Team Captain: Mother of 250 chinchillas!
New litters weekly...I must be nuts

Tags
chicken wire, chinchilla pellets, dust bath, pet shop, pet store, pet stores, rolled oats, timothy hay