Help please! Chinchilla pairing. - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Chinchilla Discussion Twitching whiskers, fluffy tails, silky soft fur and all else chinchilla!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-14-2008, 04:44 PM Thread Starter

Help please! Chinchilla pairing.

I brought Rocky last June,and I brought Apollo a month ago. They are both males. I brought another cage and i have placed the cages next to each so they can get used to each other.

When I put Rocky in Apollos cage they get on great, but when I put Apollo in Rockys cage, Rocky tries to hump him and chases him all around the cage. I realise this is a dominate male thing, but eventually I did want to put them both in Rockys cage together because it is the bigger cage of the two.

CAN ANYONE GIVE ME ANY TIPS OR ADVICE PLEASE??

tHANKS FOR READING
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-17-2008, 11:57 PM
Adolescent Pup

They will hump and chase each other for a bit but then they will settle down. Just make sure to watch them so they don't hurt each other.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Kyo &
Krypto
1 poodle - Kitty
1 Mini Dachshund - Ivy

post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-19-2008, 11:51 AM Thread Starter

Ok thanks, every day I put them together in Apollo's cage and they are fine. Its when I put them in the big cage. My first chinchilla Rocky doesnt like my new one (Apollo)in his house, but Rocky is ok when i put him in Apollos house
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-23-2008, 10:03 AM

Perhaps let them live together for a few weeks in the cage they both get along in, and then rehouse them in the big one. This way they are living together and bonding and then you can move them to the big cage and they should be fine. My pair did that, so I kept them in the cage long enough to clean the bigger one and get all the smells out and then I acted like it was a new cage for them. Moved shelving and added new toys, and they both moved in just fine. No problems! Goodluck