Hiding? - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Chinchilla Discussion Twitching whiskers, fluffy tails, silky soft fur and all else chinchilla!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-26-2006, 11:25 AM Thread Starter

Hiding?

Ok, well Hailey is acting funny. Not sure how, but she is. She never went into her igloo before, she always laid on top of it, but lately she hides in it. She also wont eat her grapes. I used to give her maybe 5 or so a week. She loved them, but she wont take them anymore. Did I give her too many? She is not doing anything that would indicate her being sick. Poop is normal, she comes right out to me she is not agressive. But she hides. Any ideas?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-26-2006, 02:42 PM
Part of the Pack

Red face Hi there!

Does she hide all the time? If not, what time of day? If its in the after-noon.. shes probably just tired and is just looking for a quiet/darker place to sleep

Anyways, I hope this helped

-Cassilynne && Chinnies!
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-27-2006, 09:17 AM Thread Starter

I have been really busy lately and not home much. So for the past 48 hours I have been home and have noticed she does the hiding when she thinks I am not around. Also, this morning I woke up to her barking. I think she just wants to play.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-27-2006, 07:50 PM
Part of the Pack

Red face

Was it a more desprate bark, then a GET AWAY bark? If it was more like crying/desprate then she might just be "calling you"...atleast thats what I think .. Do you have more then one chin? Just wondering... because she might just be calling him/her if you do have another... my chins do it occasionally
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-28-2006, 06:59 AM Thread Starter

No. Just one chin. She is spoiled, another is hopefully on the way. She wont eat grapes anymore for treats, and she freaks out lately when I try and take her out. Her food is going down so I know she is eating. And her poop is normal, so I am sure she is not sick. She was all alone the morning she barked us awake, but we went out and took her out and she was fine. So I am not sure. I wonder if since I am not around as much if she just misses me. It is nice to think that!
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-28-2006, 08:51 AM
Part of the Pack

Red face Hmm

I'm not sure what to say this time LOL! You could try giving her some Cheerios. Or a Raisin or 2 each week... And not give her Grapes for a few days. She will most likely end up missing them . Is there anything around your house that would scare; or spook her? Any dogs or cats around to put their nose; paws up to the cage?

Just a thought.

~Cassilynne