Holy Moly!! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Chinchilla Discussion Twitching whiskers, fluffy tails, silky soft fur and all else chinchilla!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-30-2005, 03:44 PM Thread Starter
Tiny Grosskisser

Holy Moly!!

So, me being the dummy that I am, bought a fifteen inch Chin Spin direct from Quality Cage, thinking I'd be able to fit it in the cage I bought for the boys.

WRONGO! It came today and is HUGE! I couldn't believe it! So, now, Monkey is getting a brand spanking new wheel.

What is everyone's take on the 12 inch Chin Spin? I know a lot of people may think it's too small, but I have a feeling that is going to be the only one that will fit in the cage I have.

Thoughts?

Karen

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

[
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-30-2005, 03:57 PM
Part of the Pack

I think the 12" is too small, Karen. The 14" Mary Ann wheels are what I use and I wouldn't go any smaller. The small wheels put strain on their backs and over long periods of time and repetitive use, they can result in an arched spine. If the 14" ones won't fit, I'd say skip the wheel!

post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-30-2005, 05:26 PM
Misses Her Smilie Titles

How about you get a new cage? It's the perfect opportunity...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-30-2005, 05:30 PM Thread Starter
Tiny Grosskisser

Natalie! The wheel was going to go in the new cage I bought for the boys! I seriously thought it was going to fit, guess I should have done a bit more measuring!

Karen

[

post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-30-2005, 05:40 PM
Misses Her Smilie Titles

But I thought the new cage was really big? So how can it not fit in there?
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-30-2005, 05:42 PM Thread Starter
Tiny Grosskisser

Natalie, it is a larger cage, but I thought the bottom part had more space than it did for this wheel. The wheel fits in there, but there just isn't that much room where they'd be actually able to run in it. It would look more like a pretty decoration for the chinnies, as opposed to something useful.

Karen

[

post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-30-2005, 06:20 PM Thread Starter
Tiny Grosskisser

Kim, I'm thinking I'm going to end up purchasing a flying saucer wheel. Based on the space I just measured, I think it would work better in the long run.

At least I have another chinnie who can use the Chin Spin!

Karen

[

post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-30-2005, 07:38 PM
Misses Her Smilie Titles

Aha...I think I get it now...
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-30-2005, 08:53 PM Thread Starter
Tiny Grosskisser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millimi
Aha...I think I get it now...
I'm glad you do, because I've been confusing myself lately.

Karen

[

post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-01-2005, 01:25 PM
Part of the Pack

Flying saucers are nice! That's a great alternative.

post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-01-2005, 01:31 PM Thread Starter
Tiny Grosskisser

Kim, I just can't figure out which one to get. I think I'll have to go with the smaller one, as I don't want them getting injured on the larger one. Plus, based on the space availability, I think the smaller one would be more efficient. I think that makes sense.

Karen

[

post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-01-2005, 09:47 PM
Tongue Tied..Literally!

Chin Spin? Never heard of that one!! Seems like the Flying Saucer wheel is more popular than the Leo Braun wheel nowadays.
post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-01-2005, 10:13 PM Thread Starter
Tiny Grosskisser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denise
Chin Spin? Never heard of that one!! Seems like the Flying Saucer wheel is more popular than the Leo Braun wheel nowadays.
Yeah, the Chin Spin looks like a drum. It is HUGE! I am going to probably buy the smaller version of the flying saucer, as I think even the larger one wouldn't leave enough room for the chillas. And yeah, the Leo Braun has gone up considerably in price. Last time I was on Chin World, it was over a hundred dollars!

Karen

[

post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-03-2005, 01:08 PM
Adolescent Pup

I did the same thing!!! I've heard alot of ppl talk about the chin spin, so i thought i'd try it since it's cheaper than the flying saucer....boy, did my eyes pop outta my head when i opened the box!
but i'd been wanting to build a new cage so that was the perfect excuse!!!
Now we just need some more chinnies to fill the space up!!!!!!

~Misty~

post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-03-2005, 03:23 PM Thread Starter
Tiny Grosskisser

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormshy7
I did the same thing!!! I've heard alot of ppl talk about the chin spin, so i thought i'd try it since it's cheaper than the flying saucer....boy, did my eyes pop outta my head when i opened the box!
but i'd been wanting to build a new cage so that was the perfect excuse!!!
Now we just need some more chinnies to fill the space up!!!!!!

Too bad you live so far away. There's a gorgeous grey boy still waiting to be adopted here in WI. He's been there since March. Poor baby.

Karen

[

Tags
humane society, wonderful pets