Honey??? - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Chinchilla Discussion Twitching whiskers, fluffy tails, silky soft fur and all else chinchilla!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-06-2006, 04:00 PM Thread Starter

Honey???

[/I]Okay...I have tried to find out on the internet the answer to this question. I don't want you all to think that I can't find out anything on my own ya know!! I was wondering if "honey" is toxic to my little Pogo. There is an item on the market called Snak Shaks. You can find good information about them at www.drfosters.com Here is a list of the ingredients:
Ingredients: Pine Wood Shavings, Cassava Starch, Alfalfa, Straw Liquid Mix (Water, Sodium Alginate, Potassium Sorbate, Propionic Acid, Honey, Glycerin 96%, Propylene Glycol), Cotton Thread, Bamboo, Straw, and Paper Cord.

I think something like this (maybe the house) and there are little bowls would be fun for Pogo but I worry mainly about the honey in it. I know it says "for any small animal" but I would rather be cautious and ask those that have WAY more knowledge and experience that I do.

Thanks for letting me pick your brains once again!!!

Kathie and Pogo

When I count my blessings,
I count Pogo twice!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-09-2006, 07:48 PM
Adolescent Pup

I gave Hailey something I believe had peanut butter in it. And she was fine, infact she loves it so much I think I need to buy more! I also think it has some sort of honey-ish ingredient. Give her a little bit and see how she reacts...but I would see what the veteran chin owners say.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-10-2006, 12:17 AM
Adolescent Pup

Sugar is really, really bad for chins. So if the treat has a lot of sugar in it, then you know that it is not safe for the chin.

There is no one TRUE way

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

* Chloe * Jinx * Berry *
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-12-2006, 05:58 PM
Kansas City Chinchillas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauren_201
Sugar is really, really bad for chins. So if the treat has a lot of sugar in it, then you know that it is not safe for the chin.
Great advice!

Cathy
Kansas City Chinchillas

post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-12-2006, 07:59 PM
Fluffy Potatokisser

I've heard of people giving a VERY tiny bit of honey to a chin due to certain medical problems. I wouldn't worry so much about the honey as I would about the cotton thread. Probably not a good thing to give your baby. I'd pass that one up and find something else

Chin Mom to Lila, Skye, Ty, Rolex, Calypso, Lizzie, Jax, Sam, Sage, Lorenzo, Spitfire, Holly, Dylan, Leia, Punky, Kylie, Skylar, Jetta, Oreo, Emma, Forest, Georgie, Alexis, Picador and all the kits!
Pittie Mom to Kali and Orion
Rattie Mom to Drake and Dumbo
Bunny Mom to Dutchie
Plain ole Mom to Zach, Brandon and Connor!
Come visit us at
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-29-2006, 10:31 PM
Movin' Up in the Pack

honey has a lot of suger in it i wouldn't trust it for a chin.

why breed or buy when shelter animals die

home to:
1 dog a pit bull named Troy and a border collie/golden retrever/boxer mix named Amber

and 7 cats (Butterfly, Furchol, Carmel, Nova, Hope, Shaddy& Christian)

3 rats Flora, Fauna, & Merryweather

Tags
wood shavings