Horse Cookies - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Chinchilla Discussion Twitching whiskers, fluffy tails, silky soft fur and all else chinchilla!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-20-2004, 03:43 PM Thread Starter
Incubator Cricket Killer

Horse Cookies

I bought some horse cookies for the chins today and they went nuts for them! My question is this; is it ok to give them each a whole one now and then? I intended to break them into halves or quarters but I couldn't break them at all. They haven't been getting treats very often lately, so I gave them each a whole one this time but I don't want to bind anyone up!

Just in case anyone's interested, they were
Mrs. Pastures Cookies for horses.
Ingriedients; Oats, wheat bran, cane molasses, rolled barley, fresh apples and water.

from the chinnies!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-20-2004, 04:08 PM
Tongue Tied..Literally!

My chinnies love them as well. Once a month, I put one cookie in everyone's cage and they share it.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-20-2004, 04:18 PM
Fluffy Potatokisser

I get those in with orders from ChinWorld, but they only give me 3 cookies at a time and that isn't cool with 9 chinnies...those things are so hard! I usually clean a hammer really well and break them up that way...put the cookies in a zip lock bag first though so pieces don't go flying everywhere!

Chin Mom to Lila, Skye, Ty, Rolex, Calypso, Lizzie, Jax, Sam, Sage, Lorenzo, Spitfire, Holly, Dylan, Leia, Punky, Kylie, Skylar, Jetta, Oreo, Emma, Forest, Georgie, Alexis, Picador and all the kits!
Pittie Mom to Kali and Orion
Rattie Mom to Drake and Dumbo
Bunny Mom to Dutchie
Plain ole Mom to Zach, Brandon and Connor!
Come visit us at
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-20-2004, 05:34 PM
Tiny Grosskisser

Chinchilla Girl, you know you can buy those at Petsmart? I bought a huge container there for my babies. It's in the equine section!

Karen

[

post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-20-2004, 05:59 PM
Fluffy Potatokisser

really? I've never seen and equine section at our petsmart...I'll have to take a closer look! I know my chinnies LOVE those cookies!

Chin Mom to Lila, Skye, Ty, Rolex, Calypso, Lizzie, Jax, Sam, Sage, Lorenzo, Spitfire, Holly, Dylan, Leia, Punky, Kylie, Skylar, Jetta, Oreo, Emma, Forest, Georgie, Alexis, Picador and all the kits!
Pittie Mom to Kali and Orion
Rattie Mom to Drake and Dumbo
Bunny Mom to Dutchie
Plain ole Mom to Zach, Brandon and Connor!
Come visit us at
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-20-2004, 08:06 PM
Tiny Grosskisser

It may just be the larger Petsmart stores. I know the one in Madison is pretty big, and that's where I got them from.

Let me know if you need any....I can ship them to you if wanted.

Karen

[

post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-20-2004, 10:01 PM
Chim-Chim GizzardFanny!

Yeah i got them once also. I'd put them in about 10 bags. When i hammered mine they went through the bags. very messy and didn't get quite the effect I wanted. But the chins do go nutso for them.

Alicyn

post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-21-2004, 02:21 PM Thread Starter
Incubator Cricket Killer

LOL! I tried to chisel them apart and also launched a few around the house