How big should running wheels be for chins? - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Chinchilla Discussion Twitching whiskers, fluffy tails, silky soft fur and all else chinchilla!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-27-2002, 05:47 PM Thread Starter
Proud New Mommy

Question How big should running wheels be for chins?

i just got my chinchilla dec. 28th from Christi (very flexible, and caring...if ya wanna chin, look into her website, shes very sweet and so are her chins) anywas, i was thinking about getting her a running wheel to go into her cage, for when i go to my friends house for a few days, i want exorsize to be available to her 24/7, in and out of her cage...we bought her a ball to run in, through the house, SHE LOVES IT! so i was going to get her a running wheel, and i cant find any that are bigger than 12" in diameter, i was wondering what u guys thought would be a good size for her to run in. do u think 12" is big enough?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Live your beliefs and you can turn the world around"- Henry David Thoreau
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-27-2002, 05:54 PM

Where 12 " would fit her now it probably will not fit her when she is fully grown, if I am remembering correctly Destiney is a BIG girl, I would not recommend anything smaller than 14"-15"
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-27-2002, 05:57 PM Thread Starter
Proud New Mommy

yepp, shes got a big body, and an even bigger mouth to go with it. thanks for the time and advice

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-28-2002, 12:34 PM Thread Starter
Proud New Mommy

yep...VERY vocal, always has something to say when im trying to sleep at night

post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-28-2002, 09:36 PM
Lyn

Smile

I have heard it is best to use at least a 15 inch wheel. The reason is the chins spine. If the wheels are too small they will actually cause the spine to be bent while the chin is playing in the wheel. This can cause injury.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-28-2002, 09:43 PM Thread Starter
Proud New Mommy

hmm..never heard of that, im prolly gunna get a big one cuz thats what im hearing from everyone anyways....i hope i can get it thru her cage door