How to choose a Healthy Chinchilla
I copied this from the book titled The Joy of Chinchillas I thought it might be of some help to potential Chinchilla buyers.
How do you Choose a Healthy Chinchilla?
Pay special attention to the following indicators of health in a chinchilla
* Bright and Shiny eyes
* Dark brown, black, or ruby eyes, but not pink
* Curled tail carried high
* Lustrous shiny coat
* Lively curiosity
* Yellow teeth
Don't buy the animal if:
* The animal is apathetic, dull coated, or dull eyed.
* The anal area is discolored (stained red, yellow, or almost orange) or smeared with feces.
* The anus and genital organs aren't clean. and a healthy pink.
* The breathing doesn't seem normal, it should not cough, sneeze or gasp.
* The eyes are dull or have purulent or tear stains around the tear ducts. The eyes should be clear, bright and healthy looking.