How do you handle this? - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Chinchilla Discussion Twitching whiskers, fluffy tails, silky soft fur and all else chinchilla!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-15-2002, 05:39 PM Thread Starter
Fertile Myrtle

How do you handle this?

On my website it clearly states that I do not refund deposits for my chinchillas. I recently took a deposit for my last litter of 2 female kits. Due to a slight problem I have told the buyer that she will have to wait a little longer than she expected to pick them up. I never gave her a set date, btw. Today she emails me wanting her money back. I have nicely pointed out what my site says and that she agreed to this when she submitted her application. And that I will not be giving her money back. This is the first time I have had anyone do this so I'm just wondering how everyone else handles it.

Wife to an amazing man,
mom to three wonderful kids (9, 5.10, 4),
2 dogs, 3 hermit crabs and 2 bettas

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-15-2002, 05:45 PM

Question

Christi,

You handled the situation appropriately. If it clearly states on your website, that you DO NOT refund money, that is all the proof she needs and that is all the proof you need to establish your argument.
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-15-2002, 06:23 PM

I agree. Your site does clearly state that you do not issue a refund on deposits. That is all you should need and no arguement should be had.

Now.... IF you had set a specific date and then had to back out and change the date I would prolly give the deposit back. Keep in mind though, I would still say under those circumstances you would not be obliged to either.

A deposit is a deposit. I would gracefully remind her that the deposit was paid to hold that chin for her. You could have easily sold that chin to someone else in the meantime had you not had a deposit.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-15-2002, 08:52 PM

It clearly states on your website that deposits are non-refundable. You did not change your mind she did therefore she has forfeited the deposit

NO REFUND
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-15-2002, 11:01 PM
Resident Chatroom Blonde

I agree with everyone else.

post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-16-2002, 12:11 AM

Me too.
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-16-2002, 10:43 AM
Chinnie_girl

I agree. I would rather wait and have a healthy well weaned chin then a sick one. You did what was right and there should be no arguments.

post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-16-2002, 11:53 AM Thread Starter
Fertile Myrtle

Thanks guys - I felt I was right but it's nice to know others feel the same! lol

Wife to an amazing man,

|

post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-16-2002, 07:03 PM Thread Starter
Fertile Myrtle

This woman is ticking me off! I sent her the email letting her know there would be no refunds - then I sent her an email with pics of the kits explaining why she had to wait.

This is what she sent me back:

Doesn't it matter that your agreed upon date of when they would be ready was not kept? Otherwise, I will wait and pick them up when they are ready. I actually thought you decided not to sell them to me. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

What I don't get is why she says she thought I had decided not to sell them to her when SHE is the one who emailed me asking for her money back...

Then she tries to force me to give her her money back by saying I broke the agreement by not letting her have them on a certain date that was only agreed to in her MIND!! And if that won't work and she can't have her money back then she'll be more than happy to wait for them? What kind of drugs is this lady on?

Help me out here - how would you handle this?

Wife to an amazing man,

|

post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-16-2002, 07:31 PM

That is a tough call Christi. There is a part of me saying I would just send her the money back and not sell to her, but under the circumstances I can understand why that would not work.

People never cease to amaze me.
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-16-2002, 09:02 PM Thread Starter
Fertile Myrtle

It seems as though now she just wants them if she can't get her money back and I don't want to sell to someone like that.

Someone suggested telling her she could have half her deposit back. Then I could find a proper home for them.

Wife to an amazing man,

|

post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-16-2002, 09:05 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

That sounds like the best option, Christi. I wouldn't want to give them to her either after all she said.

Stephanie

post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-16-2002, 09:11 PM Thread Starter
Fertile Myrtle

I think so too. I wouldn't feel comfortable selling to her now after how she has acted. I sent her this:

Honestly it sounds to me that you're more concerned about the money than the chinchillas so I will compromise and mail you back half of your deposit tomorrow.

Wife to an amazing man,

|

post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-16-2002, 09:13 PM

I think that is a very diplomatic way to handle it Christi, and more than fair.

I am sure you will find the right home for the little one.
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-16-2002, 09:27 PM

Did she want both of the kits?

I agree send her half of the deposit back