How High??? - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Chinchilla Discussion Twitching whiskers, fluffy tails, silky soft fur and all else chinchilla!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-05-2006, 07:50 PM Thread Starter

How High???

Hi Everyone!! It's me again... I have a new question! Can anyone tell me how high chins can usually jump? I am planning on making Pogo an exercise pen (I don't have a safe "room" he can run free in) and I want to make it tall enough that he can't jump out of it without effort and creativity on his part. I have been using a pen (like used at dog shows) thats 24" but he can get to the top of it if there is anything for him to use as an above ground take-off point!! And if that doesn't work...my little houdini chin can get through the bars no matter what I have done to stop him...including covering the bottom half with wire mesh (like I used on his home) and covering the panels with blankets (he doesn't try to eat them).

I would also love any ideas for chinnie toys. I would like to give him new things to play with both in his home and during playtime. What does everyone use?

Thanks again...you are all GREAT!!

Kathie and Pogo
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-06-2006, 02:21 AM
Adolescent Pup

My little Berry 498 grams, can jump around 2 1/2 feet, also his favorite trick is to climb over the "ex" pen. My ex pen is 4 feet tall!!!!!!! I also cover it with blankets, sheets, and whatever else I can find. He's escaped a couple of times. My little girl 488 grams can jump about 1 1/2 feet, I haven't seen her go any higher, but that could also be because she doesn't care about escaping.

As for toys, my boy just likes his wooden chews, my little girl however, loves little stuffed animals (no tags, whiskers or anything sticking out they can chew) She will carry one around in her mouth, one of her favorite tricks is carrying it to the top of the cage and tossing it down, then fetching it and going back up and throwing it down. (My cage is almost 5 feet tall)

There is no one TRUE way

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

* Chloe * Jinx * Berry *
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-06-2006, 10:46 PM

I'd say our chinnies can jump about 4 1/2 to 5 feet. When we let our chinnies out to play in our sunroom we block the door with a piece of cardboard at least 4 feet tall and we've had them jump over before.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-09-2006, 08:46 PM

My Hailey can jump about 3-4 feet, from what I have seen. But I have not really given her much jumping room.

Tags
stuffed animal, stuffed animals, wire mesh