How or if i can put them in the same cage??? - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Chinchilla Discussion Twitching whiskers, fluffy tails, silky soft fur and all else chinchilla!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-17-2010, 11:12 PM Thread Starter
Newborn Pup

Question How or if i can put them in the same cage???

hello every one im new here and well i have a few qestions ;p

well it started like this....

iv always wanted a chin so i looked online to see if it was a good idea
went to the petsmart (not to buy one for a dog toy lol) saw a chin watched and fell in love so i came home with my lovely Remington who was perfect from day onei was told remi was a boy. well a few months later we thought toget another one as remi was great and we though he could use a friend i did the cage by cage thing and let them out and well Remi and the new Camden seemed to get along but something bugged me so i looked at them both looked on line and lo and behold Remi is a GIRL and Camden is a BOY so now i have two cages with two chins ....thats ok but my birthday came and a family member thought hey lets get her another one .....Sadi is a Girl as well but see Remi HATES her they have been cage by cage, i put them out together only to have to put one up because they chase each other and fur starts to fly, in there cages when they come up almost nose to nose there tails rattle in there cages i know that cant be good but im hoping theres something to have peace here ... i love them all..and i notice now more often then not they look at each other now with out the tails going crazy but im afraid to let them out together as three times now they rip out each others hair ...i dont have problems with camden as hes a boy and ( lol) loves both girl ( from in his cage or theres as he doesnt get close to them) so any help you can give me would be great... i wont get ride of them as that wouldnt be nice
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-18-2010, 07:44 PM
chinchilla breeder

Sometimes chinchillas do not want cagemates and I would not breed anything from a pet store. So the male cannot go with either female. You may just have 3 cages....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Kristy Morici
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
ABC CHINCHILLAS

Many high quality chinchillas Available..

post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-19-2010, 07:48 PM
Part of the Pack

This is probably looked down upon here, but I used to have a male and female pair... my oldest and 2nd to youngest males are both neutered. I found a good vet that had done it many times, and both of my boys had no problems with it, and can still run fine (ive read people saying it can affect their running). So... IF you can find a really good vet that has done this before that could be an option?? At least you can get two together instead of having 3 cages. just a thought.

Tags
fighting chins, help with chins, two girl chins