I was a BAAAAD Girl! - Page 2 - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Chinchilla Discussion Twitching whiskers, fluffy tails, silky soft fur and all else chinchilla!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 31 (permalink) Old 08-29-2004, 04:46 AM
Tarzan Mama of Two

Hey mandie let me know how Shane copes!!!

Too lazy to even think of a siggy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 31 (permalink) Old 08-29-2004, 12:22 PM Thread Starter

Shane got home at almost 5 AM this morning! He was really busy at work and made a decent amount of money...so, in his grogginess...I showed him Emma. He fell in love with her INSTANTLY!! He was quoted as saying, "Awww! She's so little and so cute!!! Mercedes was this size when we got her wasn't she? We need to have some babies soon! She's so soft!" I knew it would be better to show him first rather than tell him on the phone! Then he asked the price, but when I told him that Sherry had a contract and set up a monthly payment plan (once she is paid for, we'll get the pedigree) he was totally fine with it. Said the payments were okay with him and the time of the month the payments are due actually work out perfect. Then, he proceeded to "ooooh and ahhhhh" over her again!
He's totally fine with her...loves her already
post #18 of 31 (permalink) Old 08-29-2004, 12:30 PM

What a cutie. I'm sure your husband will understand.

Patti
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #19 of 31 (permalink) Old 08-29-2004, 12:57 PM

Congrats Mandie! She's really cute. I'm glad that Shane likes her too!
post #20 of 31 (permalink) Old 08-29-2004, 02:22 PM
Wacky Chimpnose

aaaaaaaaw!!! congrats mandie!!!!!!!!! i just love little Emma. (she even has a movie named after her! haha!) this is the same reason i don't go to dog shelters!

even though i don't understand all the abbreviations in the chin descriptions, i really love her color!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #21 of 31 (permalink) Old 08-29-2004, 02:49 PM Thread Starter

The best way I can describe the TOV gene is that it puts a darker "cape" on the chin...a mask on the face and a cape on the back...darker on top then fades towards the belly...belly on a Black Velvet, Brown Velvet or TOV violet is white. TOV's don't have to have a white belly if it's a TOV ebony since ebonies all have darker bellies.
A Black Velvet is really a Standard Gray with the TOV gene. Here is a Standard (My newly pregnant girl Sam)

And here is a Black Velvet (or TOV Standard), named Sage

See what I mean about the mask and 'cape'?
post #22 of 31 (permalink) Old 08-29-2004, 04:42 PM
Kansas City Chinchillas

Mandie I love violets and hope to have a tov violet some day. Congratulations!

Cathy
Kansas City Chinchillas

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #23 of 31 (permalink) Old 08-29-2004, 05:12 PM
Tarzan Mama of Two

Mandie you are so lucky!! If I surprised Alex with a rabbit he'd shoot me, no matter what!!! Although he told me that if we get a house that allows the rabbits to run around all day (where we first lived had a courtyard and the fence was brick so Rodger could not get out...he only went in his cage of a night time and he wants the same for Shadow and Molly) then I can get another one...silly boy...we are going to be looking until a house like that comes along!

post #24 of 31 (permalink) Old 08-29-2004, 07:56 PM Thread Starter

Well, I weighed Emma last night...she was 332gms but then I weighed her again today and she was 342gms...10 grams in one day?? Oh boy! She's an eater!
post #25 of 31 (permalink) Old 08-29-2004, 09:01 PM

Emma is gorgeous! I had a violet chin (Dean) that was her half brother; Radar was his father. He weighed over 700g not full grown and he was out of two violets so there's a good possibility your little girl is gonna be big. Dean was a big eater too. Radar is a regular violet by the way, not a solid violet.

Edited because I forgot to say her mother's name is Diane.

Last edited by Legend8201; 08-29-2004 at 09:05 PM.
post #26 of 31 (permalink) Old 08-30-2004, 12:03 AM
Paw-Talk Therapist

O Mandie, she is gorgeous!!!!!! And a Sage pic!! I just love that girl!!

Owned by 26 chins, 7 cats, 2 dogs, and 7 aquariums

Come drop by!

post #27 of 31 (permalink) Old 08-30-2004, 12:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chinchilla_Girl
You should see their mini horses!! So beautiful!!! So MANY!

Mandie, could you imagine if you came home with a horse? And of course you would have to get two! I am sure Shane would tell you to adopt as many chinnies as you want after that!
post #28 of 31 (permalink) Old 08-30-2004, 03:55 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denise

Mandie, could you imagine if you came home with a horse? And of course you would have to get two! I am sure Shane would tell you to adopt as many chinnies as you want after that!
Well, he really couldn't say much anyway...you may remember several months back, Shane bought a motorcycle....without my consent first. He did say I could have 500 chinchillas if I wanted as long as I let him keep that bike...The bike is in the garage
post #29 of 31 (permalink) Old 08-30-2004, 03:56 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend8201
Emma is gorgeous! I had a violet chin (Dean) that was her half brother; Radar was his father. He weighed over 700g not full grown and he was out of two violets so there's a good possibility your little girl is gonna be big. Dean was a big eater too. Radar is a regular violet by the way, not a solid violet.

Edited because I forgot to say her mother's name is Diane.
I said solid violet meaning his is not TOV and not a wrap...so, I guess I used the wrong term? Anyway, you're right...he's a violet with a white tummy.
post #30 of 31 (permalink) Old 08-31-2004, 04:48 AM
Tarzan Mama of Two

I do remember the motorbike thing!!! I need alex to go and buy another jet ski!!!

Tags
black velvet, brown velvet, standard gray, white belly