i dont know !!?? - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Chinchilla Discussion Twitching whiskers, fluffy tails, silky soft fur and all else chinchilla!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-09-2004, 08:20 PM Thread Starter
Newborn Pup

i dont know !!??

hi . im kinda new at this . i got my chinchillas a few weeks ago and i cant find nails . are they suppost to have them? neither of them have a one . and they dont like coming out of their cage for treats . there not very loving yet . they want to explore when i let them out but as long as im not by the cage or them .. its really frustrating
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-09-2004, 08:38 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

They have toe nails, they're just really tiny and you normally won't see them except on the rear feet.

Chinchillas will be quite shy and take some time to win over. I have an article on my site that might be helpful for you: http://www.chinnitude.com/bond.htm Above all, give them time - they just don't know you yet. They're not cuddly animals but mine warmed up after I spent some time winning their trust.

Stephanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-10-2004, 10:37 AM
Tiny Grosskisser

I agree with Jade. You have to give them time. I know with my new chinchilla Stormy, she was sweet as can be when we bought her from the breeder, but now she's a bit nippy. It'll take time for her to adjust, not to mention I'd be angry with the cage she's in right now if I were her. (We plan on moving her in with Snowball after a lengthy introduction process.)

And chinnies do have nails. As Jade said, they're not very visible on the front paws, but you can see them on their back feet. Although, I definitely feel them when they're digging on me from the front. *l*

Karen

[

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-21-2004, 03:26 AM Thread Starter
Newborn Pup

aw thanx alot you guys . i was freaked
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-21-2004, 09:32 AM
Proud New Mommy

Another thing:
Ifyou let your chinchilla run lose before he is closely bonded to you; It could be even harder to get him to want to be held...

"Live your beliefs and you can turn the world around"- Henry David Thoreau
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-21-2004, 05:42 PM
Adolescent Pup

I was looking at my chins feet last night and noticed his toenails look like miniature versions of human toe nails, it amused me. they do have them, but they are so tiny. thats a good thing about chins, they dont have claws, so they cant scratch you.