I have a little (slightly chin related) problem - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Chinchilla Discussion Twitching whiskers, fluffy tails, silky soft fur and all else chinchilla!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-27-2002, 02:12 AM Thread Starter

Exclamation I have a little (slightly chin related) problem

I guess it's kind of an etiquette problem, I posted something based on my own personal experiance, and I was kind of shot down. My problem is this, the person who contradicted me is very well respected among chinchilla people and I feel like I just got completely discredited, like a little kid contributing in class and the teacher said be quiet thats stupid. I might be overreacting b/c I have a huge complex about being wrong (that's why I don't contribute alot more). I really feel the need to defend myself but my less dramatic subconscience says drop it, but then again, it was a safety issue...what do I do? I don't want to put the whole thing on the forums b/c I really do respect thier input and I don't want to insult them. Anyone have any suggestions? I'll pm the exchange if that would help. Thanks guys!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-27-2002, 01:24 PM
Desdemona

For one reason or another I think that this has happened to every chinowner (at least the ones I know). Most of the time, we just take a few steps back and try to talk to other chin people for their input... not necessarily to do a "Neeny Neeny Boo Boo" back to the person who hurt you, but for your own peace of mind. If they really offended you, maybe you just need a break or to go elsewhere for chinnie advise! Hope this helps...

post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-27-2002, 02:58 PM Thread Starter

Thanks Des, I do feel a little calmer today, that's why I didn't respond to it yesterday, I knew I was mad and would just come out of it sounding like a spazz. I think what really got to me was who it was, I'm used to hearing odd things from the random chin owner and I can usually politely disagree or let it go.

Trying not to be a drama queen, Becki
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-27-2002, 07:50 PM

Becki- I say screw it, go slash there tires! Just kidding! Glad you were responsible.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-27-2002, 08:22 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

Quote:
If they really offended you, maybe you just need a break or to go elsewhere for chinnie advise!
I'm with Desdemona on this one, though I might step in and tell them my thoughts politely, and end the conversation on that note.

Stephanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-28-2002, 03:48 AM Thread Starter

Oh, no doubt that if I knew where their tires were, they'd be slashed! .
I'm beginning to get the idea that they aren't as well thought of as I had originally believed, but nobody's said anything for the same reason as me... makes me feel a little better in my own spitefull way (just a little spitefull though!).
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-29-2002, 01:16 PM
KatPaws74

Oh Becky, been there believe me. I think that sometimes it is just best to take a deep breath, count to ten and not add more fuel to the fire.

There were a few occasions when I wrote a reply to certain topic...a whole page so to say..and you know what? I havenít posted it at all. The next day I actually felt so relieved that I didnít. I mean sometimes things are not so black and white...and there are times when both people could have valid points, although contradictory...if that makes any sense. And there are also times when something is a total BS...but I say to myself...fine, accept what you think it could be useful, disregard what you think is useless and sing your own tune...others donít have to sing it along with ya. If you know that youíre right, continue doing it your way, and let them do it their way.

It is actually very weird. I visit so many message boards and on some boards you could expect that people have different opinions, and that occasional cat fights may appear...but that doesnít happen, and you find a board to be the most pleasant place. On the other side you come to another board and think...we like the same things, weíre all here for similar reasons, we should all get along just fine...and there you find people that simply bring the worst in you. Very, very weird I say. *shrug*

Just stay cool