I knew this time would come... what color are the babies? - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Chinchilla Discussion Twitching whiskers, fluffy tails, silky soft fur and all else chinchilla!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-12-2006, 09:39 AM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

I knew this time would come... what color are the babies?

Hi everyone!

My chins Tokyo and Ninkimono had 2 babies! To be sure I have their colors correct, can you help me with that? From previous experience, it seems I am totally colorblind or something! I believe one is hetero-beige? ...and the other ebony? If so what type of ebony? I need schooling, please help!

The black one is very active but really small. Any advice I should be given on any special treatment and attention?

PS... HI JADE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg chinbaby1.jpg (58.3 KB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg chinbaby2.jpg (49.6 KB, 29 views)

Mother is the name for God in the lips and hearts of little children. -- William Makepeace Thackery
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-12-2006, 10:22 AM
I Heart My Job

Oh my, the little black one does look tiny. They are very cute though. Congratulations on their birth.

sparkle->
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
shadow->
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To seize the dragon is to face life.

I've been frosted!
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-12-2006, 11:14 AM
Paw-Talk Addict

the black one looks homo ebony.

im not sure about the other.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-12-2006, 11:50 AM
Adolescent Pup

Looks to be a hetero beige and a dark hetero ebony to me.

Did you get a weight on the babies? What color are the parents?

~*Mandi*~

Mommy to Merlin, Milo, and Gryffin!

post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-12-2006, 12:20 PM
Part of the Pack

Aww.....look how cute they are!!

post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-12-2006, 02:12 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

Congrats Lin! The beige one could almost be a tan, depending on belly color. Tans can change so much as they grow. You may have to wait and see.

As far as the little one, make sure it's nursing. If you see the bigger one pushing it out of the way, you may need to rotate the larger one out every few hours to give the small one time with mom alone (don't take the small one away at all, just the large one). If it doesn't gain weight or isn't nursing, you might be looking at handfeeding. It looks awful tiny - you might have a fight on your hands here. Good luck hon!

Stephanie

post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-12-2006, 02:22 PM
Paw-Talk Addict

Jade, what do you think the darker one is?
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-12-2006, 02:58 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

Looks like a dark eb, but it still looks pretty wet. It may be 'homo eb,' may not be - another wait and see thanks to the ebony gene.

Stephanie

post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-12-2006, 03:24 PM
Paw-Talk Addict

hahah, that happeneds alot.
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-12-2006, 06:06 PM
Tiny Grosskisser

Jade brought up a good point. The one could very well be a light tan, but it's a wait and see. The first thing I thought was het beige.

The other one is a really dark ebony, could be homozygous (sp?) ebony!

Karen

[

post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-12-2006, 08:29 PM
Fluffy Potatokisser

I think the dark one of course is either a dark or extra dark eb. I wouldn't place "homo" on it yet, way too soon to tell.
The second looks pastel, but it could be my monitor. I'd just wait and see. Both are adorable though, congratulations!

Chin Mom to Lila, Skye, Ty, Rolex, Calypso, Lizzie, Jax, Sam, Sage, Lorenzo, Spitfire, Holly, Dylan, Leia, Punky, Kylie, Skylar, Jetta, Oreo, Emma, Forest, Georgie, Alexis, Picador and all the kits!
Pittie Mom to Kali and Orion
Rattie Mom to Drake and Dumbo
Bunny Mom to Dutchie
Plain ole Mom to Zach, Brandon and Connor!
Come visit us at
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-12-2006, 09:56 PM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

Wow, thanx everyone! You guys are great!

The parents are med to dark tan (somewhere in there--I had gotten him thinking he was going to darken to a nice chocolate but didn't happen lol) and the mom is med hetero ebony. I'm sorry, I don't have a scale! I need to get one quick.

I shall patiently wait to see how the colors end up.

I'll make sure the black one keeps nursing well. So far nursing is great. Thanx Steph!

And thanx again all! Please send the tiny one your love!

Mother is the name for God in the lips and hearts of little children. -- William Makepeace Thackery
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-15-2006, 01:14 PM
Kansas City Chinchillas

Congratulations on your new babies!

Cathy
Kansas City Chinchillas

Tags
hetero beige, hetero ebony, homo ebony