I miss having a chinchilla - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Chinchilla Discussion Twitching whiskers, fluffy tails, silky soft fur and all else chinchilla!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-20-2007, 11:57 PM Thread Starter

Unhappy I miss having a chinchilla

I had 2 chinchillas in my life so far.& Since last summer,I've been without a chinchilla. I really REALLY miss having one in my life.
Is there any chinchilla breeders on this site that breed different color chinchillas? (I only ever had standard grey color). Also do you ship to Canada by means of airport? Not looking for them *right away* but within the next few months I would like at least two small chinchillas...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-21-2007, 03:20 AM
Fluffy Gerbilshorts

I miss my chins. My boyfriend sold them and all their stuff to a chick for $100 when I probably had over $1000 invested into them. I told her that she had to seperate them because they were of different sexes. She didn't and the female got pregnant and had 2 kits. When I went to talk to her I told her that I really wanted one and she told me NO...That really upset me...Well anyway, my brother's ex has a chin and she wants my brother to take it. I told him absolutely not becuase he can't even take care of a little mouse. I buy all it's bedding and food and change it's litter every week.....I really miss chins but with having 3 rats and 13 mice, I can't do it.

I hope you find some chins...I've always wanted some ebonys

*Missy*
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-21-2007, 11:46 AM

Where in Canada are you located? Several chins I've bred are in Ontario now with another breeder. I will ship to Canada weather permitting and at the buyer's expense.

Feel free to check out my website. I need to update a little because I've had another 4 kits born since the last litter I posted in the nursery and still have a few pregnant ones that haven't delivered yet.

http://www.crosscreekchins.animaldreamz.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-21-2007, 11:49 AM
Title Thief Victim

I have always wanted a chinchilla...never had one though..:-( maybe someday.

Carissasaurus Rex
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-21-2007, 02:31 PM

Melissa, i'll ship you my little bundle of chaos
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-21-2007, 06:14 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chinchilla_Girl
Where in Canada are you located? Several chins I've bred are in Ontario now with another breeder. I will ship to Canada weather permitting and at the buyer's expense.

Feel free to check out my website. I need to update a little because I've had another 4 kits born since the last litter I posted in the nursery and still have a few pregnant ones that haven't delivered yet.

http://www.crosscreekchins.animaldreamz.com
Newfoundland. The airport in Gander is closer to me (hour& half away )
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-21-2007, 06:18 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarita2004
Melissa, i'll ship you my little bundle of chaos

I want lots of chinchillas
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-21-2007, 09:25 PM

I really want one too, are they hard to work with?
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-21-2007, 10:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by candyraver

I want lots of chinchillas

hehe. if i wasn't so in love w/him i might would consider it but alas...he's stolen my heart
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-21-2007, 10:23 PM
Adolescent Pup

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilalex0145
I really want one too, are they hard to work with?

They can be, it really depends on the personality of the chin. I would highly recommend doing a lot of research before you buy.

There is no one TRUE way

* Chloe * Jinx * Berry *
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-22-2007, 03:02 AM
Fluffy Gerbilshorts

When I got my first chin, she was VERY hard to tame. She came from a petstore and was most likely in there for awhile. My second chin was the same way but I felt so bad leaving him at the petstore. He came complete with a HUGE cage (Like 5 feet high). He wasn't easy to hold though.

If you get one I would strongly suggest getting one that has been handled since birth.

*Missy*
post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-22-2007, 03:50 AM Thread Starter

Luckily both of mine were tame.
I definately want to get one from a breeder this time as my first one was housed on cedar before I got him Wasn't as healthy as he could have been,& he was old But I loved him so much.& My second,was like a little baby!
I'm hoping shipping isn't too much... When will the nursery babies be ready to adopt...?
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-22-2007, 04:18 AM
Fluffy Gerbilshorts

2 of my rats have been housed on pine. I attempted to buy bedding from the same shop they came from and they only had pine. I got them a bag of aspen once and they got lice....

I also got a rat from a petsmart that was housed on carefresh and he was sick when I brought him home....I find these situations sad.

When I had chins I put them on kiln dried pine. I would get HUGE bags from southern states for like $6. My chins never got sick at the time I had them, and I'm wondering how they're doing now. My ex sold all the cages and the chins for $100. He also dumped my hairless mouse into a snake cage .

*Missy*
post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-17-2007, 09:41 PM
私は靖巣あなたを愛してI ♥ Yasuki

I would LOVE to have one, I am also in Newfoundland and RATHER get them from a shelter but maybe I will get one from Petscetera...they are less than $100!! And adorable, but need to research!!

// k a t ((d)) 猫ちゃん ☆~(ゝ。∂)
私は武井靖巣あなたをして

post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-17-2007, 09:59 PM

I have ony ever seen pics and i want one but they are not here in oz

Tags
dried pine, kiln dried, kiln dried pine, standard grey