I want another chinnie!! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Chinchilla Discussion Twitching whiskers, fluffy tails, silky soft fur and all else chinchilla!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-06-2004, 07:42 PM Thread Starter
Tiny Grosskisser

I want another chinnie!!

So, I'm on petfinder looking at chinchillas up for adoption (there are a lot by the way) and I saw one in Wausau. He is absolutely gorgeous and I showed my husband.

Of course, he said no. I know I have 17, and that is a lot, but I really want another chinchilla.

I swear, if I could have as many as I wanted, I'd be as happy as a clam. But, I'd be on the outside looking in. Hubby wasn't too happy when I brought Stormy home.

Ahhhhh, one can dream.

Karen

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

[
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-06-2004, 08:11 PM
Chim-Chim GizzardFanny!

lol i don't even know when 17 chins turned into 30 here ^^;;;; my mom is freaking. It's finally sinking in just how many we have

Alicyn

post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-06-2004, 09:20 PM
Fluffy Potatokisser

I only have 9, but that's soon to change! At least for a little while...Gee, I hope I actually get to keep one out of the two litters we are expecting! Everyone wants them and they aren't even born yet!

Chin Mom to Lila, Skye, Ty, Rolex, Calypso, Lizzie, Jax, Sam, Sage, Lorenzo, Spitfire, Holly, Dylan, Leia, Punky, Kylie, Skylar, Jetta, Oreo, Emma, Forest, Georgie, Alexis, Picador and all the kits!
Pittie Mom to Kali and Orion
Rattie Mom to Drake and Dumbo
Bunny Mom to Dutchie
Plain ole Mom to Zach, Brandon and Connor!
Come visit us at
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-07-2004, 12:27 AM
Paw-Talk Therapist

I don't remember how many we had back in the states, was it 20, 25? less or more? Anyhow we have 4 here and I know we will most likely be getting a few more before it's time to return back to the good ole, U.S. of A... after all it is the same shipping one chinnie as it is 10 (I believe is what we were told)

MCBA Member

Submit your info today

I Sell Chinchilla Supplies!
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-07-2004, 01:52 AM
Formerly Known as Roz

I want more Chinnies too! ;.;

-

"They that can give up essential liberty for a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-07-2004, 05:28 PM Thread Starter
Tiny Grosskisser

Mandie, I know what you mean!

I had so many people wanting to buy Scooter's babies. It was like people were coming out of the woodwork when they found out she had kits. And everyone especially wanted Dusty, as she is a mosaic.

I think I had a lot of disappointed people on my hands when I told them I wasn't selling. I've even been asked to breed one of my males to a customer's female. She said we could "split the kits." I don't think so.

Karen

[

post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-07-2004, 05:33 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roz
I want more Chinnies too! ;.;
I didn't realize you had chins, Roz! You ought to post some pictures!

I want more chinnies too - Praline still needs a mate. They're very addictive!

Stephanie

post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-07-2004, 05:43 PM
Tongue Tied..Literally!

I love when people get the look of astonishment on their face when I tell them I have 10 chins. First of all 10 is not many chins when you hear about people having 50+ chins. Second of all, 10 chins are equal to what a small to medium dog? Steph is right, they are completely addictive. Seems like one is never, never, enough.
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-07-2004, 05:51 PM Thread Starter
Tiny Grosskisser

Denise, I know the look you are speaking of. I get that look all the time when I tell people I have seventeen chinchillas. I also get the question of "what do you do with them?" and "why do you have so many?"

Karen

[

post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-07-2004, 06:45 PM
Chim-Chim GizzardFanny!

I get the what do you do with them allllll the time when i tell them I have 30. It's hilarious to watch their eyes grow wide with astonishment. My friends are all grossed out and stuff but once they see them they want one too. But their parents won't let them get any

Alicyn

post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-07-2004, 09:41 PM
Formerly Known as Roz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jade
I didn't realize you had chins, Roz! You ought to post some pictures!

I want more chinnies too - Praline still needs a mate. They're very addictive!
Had being the correct word there, Jade. I had two wonderful Chinchillas. When I moved out here, I was going to bring them out, too, eventually. Had to secure a home for 'em with me, first. As it turns out, I cannot have Chinnies here. It gets too hot and I don't have A/C. My parents up and decided to get rid of them...without my consent. They were effectively dumped off at a pet store. I have NO idea what happened to them. *Sigh*

I do, however, have some nice pics of my little lovelies. Jax, my black velvet, was especially showy on camera. Hehe.

-

"They that can give up essential liberty for a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-08-2004, 05:36 PM
Playful Pup

hehe before i knew it my 7 turned into 20!!!! its out of control lol! =] i love it though. some people think im weird, but there will always be someone who thinks SOMETHING you do or have is crazy.. so it might as be for my CUTE CUTE chillas!!!
we go to pick up
Audi
Lexus
Badtz Maru
&
Houdini on the 17th!!=]=]=] WEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Katie*Kat* })i({

My loving boyfriend, Chris

Chichillas: 42+
Ferrets: Lucy, Salsbury & Dark0
Sugar Gliders: Wicket, Endor, & Modell
Hedeghogs: Thistle & Morndred
Please take a look around my Site & or join my PETS FORUM.

post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-08-2004, 06:27 PM
Proud New Mommy

Gosh, don't we all want more chinnies! Though, I'm very happy with my 6..

We don't even have any more room as it is.

"Live your beliefs and you can turn the world around"- Henry David Thoreau
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-10-2004, 08:23 PM Thread Starter
Tiny Grosskisser

Well, after our tragedy today, I don't think I want anymore chinchillas.

The heartbreak of today is too much for me to bear, and I have to go through it with our other 16 chinchillas eventually.

I love chinchillas to death, don't get me wrong, and maybe down the line I'll get more, but right now I won't......

Karen

[

Tags
black velvet, pet store