I'm at a loss.... - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Chinchilla Discussion Twitching whiskers, fluffy tails, silky soft fur and all else chinchilla!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-28-2004, 10:28 PM Thread Starter
Tiny Grosskisser

Unhappy I'm at a loss....

So, pretty much everyone here knows I work at a pet store.

I talk to a lot of people about chinchillas, though I only know a few by their name. There is one particular customer that always calls me and asks me questions.

Well, the first few times she called was when her chin got loose and she couldn't find her. I told her tricks on finding her, and she was eventually caught.

That happened a few times, but then it got better. The next big issue that happened recently was fur biting. Her kids were on summer vacation from school, and were being loud and such. I told her the noise stressed her out, and she was probably fur chewing because of that. She moved her to a more quiet room. I don't know if she's still chewing, but she did take her to a vet (crappy one may I add) to see if it was a fungus.

Now, her chin has soft poo. I told her to put her on a hay and water diet only for a few days, and see how it works out. I told her no pellets and absolutely no treats, as that can make it worse. She said she felt bad about no treats, but I told her the chin will be ok with no treats. I said if it doesn't clear up, get the chin to a vet immediately, as it may be a bacterial infection.

Here's the kicker and hence my subject. She was talking to a friend about me, saying I help her out a lot, I have fourteen chins, etc. I corrected her by saying I have 16, and I had 17, but one recently passed from a uterus infection. She smirked and turned to her friend and asked how in the world a chin could get that.

I was so upset. How can one think that is funny?? It boggles my mind. I wouldn't laugh if it happened to her, why would she laugh at me??

Karen

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

[
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-28-2004, 10:46 PM
Misses Her Smilie Titles

Aww, that's pretty rude. Just remember, you're the one with the sixteen happy chins, not one unhappy one. People like that are really annoying!
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-28-2004, 11:40 PM
Movin' Up in the Pack

Sometimes people don't really think of their reaction. I've been guilty of it at times, too. I'll say something and then think "Doh!" when I realize how it came out. Just today my friend and I were out and saw a guy friend of hers she hadn't seen in a while. When he said he had gotten married my friend said "Oh wow! Was she pregnant?" Ok. So granted, really stupid thing to say, but it just came out. I'm not trying to say that girl was right in what she said, but I always try to give people the benefit of the doubt.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-29-2004, 12:12 AM
Paw-Talk Therapist

Wow, that was really rude of her! I'm sorry that she hurt your feelings and I know that you are still grieving for your chinnie. I don't have much advice because I know that it would hurt my feelings too! I've worked in retail for a long time and I've had so many customers make very rude and hurtful comments after I put so much time and effort into being nice and helping them. When I worked at a feed/horse supply store, I had to deal with all kinds of people that were totally ignorant about their animals. You should feel proud of yourself because you've done so much to help a chinnie whose owner is so clueless. The only way that I got through it was to think about how much I was helping the animal. I hope you feel better soon!

Rats have rights...& mice too!
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-29-2004, 01:15 AM
Fluffy Potatokisser

What an idiot! Animals can have uterine problems too! How completely ignorant of her to say that!

Chin Mom to Lila, Skye, Ty, Rolex, Calypso, Lizzie, Jax, Sam, Sage, Lorenzo, Spitfire, Holly, Dylan, Leia, Punky, Kylie, Skylar, Jetta, Oreo, Emma, Forest, Georgie, Alexis, Picador and all the kits!
Pittie Mom to Kali and Orion
Rattie Mom to Drake and Dumbo
Bunny Mom to Dutchie
Plain ole Mom to Zach, Brandon and Connor!
Come visit us at
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-29-2004, 08:55 AM
Paw-Talk Therapist

How rude!! People can be so vacant!! Nothing upstairs in her head.

Owned by 26 chins, 7 cats, 2 dogs, and 7 aquariums

Come drop by!

post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-29-2004, 09:19 AM
Wants to Hug Hose Bunnies

Obviously she is ignorant and knows nothing of her pet. Also she seems kind of heartless to just laugh about it.

Tags
pet store