I'm Worried Sick & I Need urgent Advise From You Please - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Chinchilla Discussion Twitching whiskers, fluffy tails, silky soft fur and all else chinchilla!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-22-2006, 06:37 AM Thread Starter

Hello everyone,

I've had my chinchillas for over a year now & Iíve seen them have eye infections before but this time it's different. it's taking LONG to heal & for the past 4 days Iíve been sitting in front of the cage & monitoring my sick chinchilla, he developed some type of eye infection , the eyes are extremely swollen and pink & there's a white discharge & I took him to the Vet who gave me ( Chan-Eye Pink eye ointment ) & an antibiotic to mix with water. he seems to be normal ( eating well & running & jumping around) Anyway i took out the sand & Iím cleaning the cage daily but, people i feel helpless here in Saudi Arabia where I live there arenít really any Vet's who are experienced with Chinchillas.
Can someone please help me out and give me some detailed tips about what to do in this case?

Thank you in advance... we're waiting for your help.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-22-2006, 12:13 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

Can you read the active ingredient in the ointment? It sounds like he may need another antibiotic if this one isn't working.

I'd take the chin back to the vet and ask them to stain the eyes to make sure there isn't a scratch or ulcer, and ask if you need to get another medication, if I were you.

Best of luck!

Stephanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-23-2006, 02:28 AM Thread Starter

Thanx alot , i stumbled accross a vet yesterday who knows enough about chinchillas & he gave me a different aqntibiotic & amazingly today my chinchillas eyes are much better... thanx 4 your help
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-10-2012, 01:39 PM

What was the name of The antibiotic?
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-10-2012, 02:23 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

I wish there were better vets in saudi. Pets aren't really seen the same there from what i hear from my husband. He is from Saudi as well.

I'm glad you found someone that could help and your chin is doing well.

[/CENTER]

post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-03-2012, 08:58 PM
Newborn Pup

Neomycin ophthalmic is he one we use at Blue Sky. Monica