Inexpensive cage options for 2 chins - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Chinchilla Discussion Twitching whiskers, fluffy tails, silky soft fur and all else chinchilla!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-12-2011, 10:48 AM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

Inexpensive cage options for 2 chins

So here is the situation.

im acquiring 2 chins in the next couple weeks because of a bazaar very confusing situation with a friend that i won't go into. but for some reason they aren't coming with a cage don't ask me idk why. if ur not going to have them why the **** cant i have their cage to.

so what i need to know if what kinda cage options are there that will work well, i have the money to care for them but i don't have allot of money to spend on cages. i only have maybe 150 and thats only if its something i can go pick up in a store. if i have to ship it i have less to spend.

normally i wouldn't take on animals i couldn't get a perfect environment for but they were kinda just thrust upon me. its not like i don't want them im just grumpy i can't give them the like 500 dollar cage i would want to.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Pet's name: Candy

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Pet's name: Lilly Bud
Pet's name:
Baby
Pet's name: Pinkie
Pet's name: Lilly Pad

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-12-2011, 11:03 AM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

oh and im not looking so much for something permanent so much as something that could work for 6 months to a year while i save the money to get what i want

Pet's name:
Baby

post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-12-2011, 11:28 AM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

or might it be cheaper to get a standalone cabinet and renovate it into a cage

Pet's name:
Baby

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-12-2011, 11:57 AM
Adolescent Pup

the best cages in my opinion are the ferret nation style cages and remove the plastic levels and replace with wooden platforms u can make yourself. I know they are expensive BUT u can usually find some second hand on kijiji or an online classified website. Good luck

post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-12-2011, 04:43 PM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

if u check on ebay and amazon or craigslist u might have a chance to find something really cheap

~The purity of a person's heart can be quickly measured by how they regard animals ~

By Anonymous
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-14-2011, 07:22 AM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

ok thanks guys

Pet's name:
Baby

post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-14-2011, 05:18 PM
Playful Pup

Yea. There's some really good second hand cages, probably on craigslist. A nice big one where they get go around. Multi-level cage if possible.

All Pets Forum -
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-22-2011, 05:29 PM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

ok so i have a friend that said he will build me one for under 100 and do it exsactly how i say so i know it will be chin save. now question is taller better than longer. so say how wide should it be. i have minimal floor space so it will be taller than it is wide but what should its floor dementions be?

Pet's name:
Baby

post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-22-2011, 06:00 PM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

I dont know much about chinchillas or there cages but this might help you
http://chinchillacages.net/

~The purity of a person's heart can be quickly measured by how they regard animals ~

By Anonymous

Tags
budget, cage, cages, chinchilla