interesting chinchilla - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Chinchilla Discussion Twitching whiskers, fluffy tails, silky soft fur and all else chinchilla!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-17-2010, 10:41 PM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

interesting chinchilla

my friend and i went up to abilene about a month or 2 ago and picked up a pair of chinchillas. The female was a violet, and the male was a silver mosaic. Well it turned out the female was pregnant, and gave birth to 3 healthy babies on the 15th. 2 of them are very obviously standard, but the third one is a very interesting color. i know that when you breed a violet with a mosaic all you can get is standard or mosaic/pos violet carriers. i was just curious if anyone has ever seen a mosaic like this before?? i think the correct term used when identifying what color he is, is "reverse mosaic".
the first picture is the baby, and the second is the dad. i dont have any pics of the mom on here, my friend kept the mom and i got the dad.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg marlee babies (2).jpg (57.6 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg Domanyr.jpg (20.4 KB, 9 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-18-2010, 06:42 AM
Adolescent Pup

I believe the name is "frickin' cute' type of chincilla

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-18-2010, 08:08 AM
chinchilla breeder

Reverse mosaic is just a selling term like extreme mosaic and panda mosaic. They are just mosaic. Some have more markings than others. and the neatest thing about whites is how much they change when they grow. I had one here a few years ago that was born all black like an ebony with just a bit of white on her tail as she got older she got lighter and lighter until she was white completly.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Kristy Morici
ABC CHINCHILLAS

Many high quality chinchillas Available..

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-19-2010, 03:04 PM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABC Chinchillas View Post
Reverse mosaic is just a selling term like extreme mosaic and panda mosaic. They are just mosaic. Some have more markings than others. and the neatest thing about whites is how much they change when they grow. I had one here a few years ago that was born all black like an ebony with just a bit of white on her tail as she got older she got lighter and lighter until she was white completly.
oh wow!! that had to be really neat to witness. so hes just a mosaic, correct?? he just has a lot more coloring...
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-19-2010, 04:47 PM
chinchilla breeder

that is right he would just be a mosaic. Extreme, reverse etc are all just selling terms people us to try to get others to spend more money.

Kristy Morici
ABC CHINCHILLAS

Many high quality chinchillas Available..