Introducing "Chino" & "Bacio" - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Chinchilla Discussion Twitching whiskers, fluffy tails, silky soft fur and all else chinchilla!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-03-2004, 02:55 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Therapist

Smile Introducing "Chino" & "Bacio"

Okay we found a recommended breeder here in Italy He is about the only known large breed around, and lives about 2 hours north east of us. We have been communicating with him for several days now and finally made the trip to his farm this morning, it was a gorgeous drive, and although we wanted to take all of his chinnies (approx. 500+) home with us, we only came home with 2 .....
Chino (short for cappuccino) is said to be a pastel (looking more tan to me, but I know they are similar), and then there is Bacio (pronounced Bacho, meaning Kiss in Italian) is a Black Velvet (whose parents are from Holland), we will be getting their pedigrees soon, the breeder wanted to make sure we have all the proper paperwork, pedigress, ect, so we are giving him time to do this). They are both about 8 weeks old, and as of today their weights are Chino = 188g and Bacio = 195g so they are well on their way. They are doing great with each other, and in a few days we will see how they will be with Torro. I wanted Chino's brother which the breeder said was a Homo Eb, however he looked very chocolaty to me (could of been the lighting). He had so many beauties including a blue eyed white (but it was a female). His prices were unbelievable, he even said back in the states they were high, but chinnies are new to Italy, so yup we took advantage sort of speaking We also managed to get chinnie sand and a better feed from him as well. The feed is nothing like Mazuri, but it will be okay
So now here they are in their debut photo's
Chino

Bacio

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

MCBA Member

Submit your info today

I Sell Chinchilla Supplies!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-03-2004, 02:57 PM
User Is No Longer Welcome

Awww they are both adorable
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-03-2004, 02:58 PM

They are very cute! Congrats on your new babies!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-03-2004, 02:59 PM
Movin' Up in the Pack

OMG Bacio is my favorite no offense to Chino hehe

WAY TOO CUTE!!!!!!!!!!!!

CONGRATS

- Deb

post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-03-2004, 03:58 PM
Tongue Tied..Literally!

Aww Kim, congrats. That is awesome you found a reputable breeder in Italy. I just love the names you chose for them too. What a memorable experience going for a drive in Italy to pick up chins! Let's see if anyone can beat that!
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-03-2004, 04:03 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Therapist

Denise, we can beat that!!!! We were originally going to drive to Austria to pick up rescue chinnies, and had made contact with a very large breeder in Sweden (15 hour drive), but we choose not to and instead in a few weeks we are driving to the Munich area of Germany for a humanitarian mission, we are taking dogs from the shelter we work with here to their new families
Thanks everyone, we are very pleased with our new babies

MCBA Member

Submit your info today

post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-03-2004, 04:10 PM
Fluffy Potatokisser

Aww they are certainly a couple of beauties! Congratulations!

Chin Mom to Lila, Skye, Ty, Rolex, Calypso, Lizzie, Jax, Sam, Sage, Lorenzo, Spitfire, Holly, Dylan, Leia, Punky, Kylie, Skylar, Jetta, Oreo, Emma, Forest, Georgie, Alexis, Picador and all the kits!
Pittie Mom to Kali and Orion
Rattie Mom to Drake and Dumbo
Bunny Mom to Dutchie
Plain ole Mom to Zach, Brandon and Connor!
Come visit us at
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-03-2004, 09:52 PM
Tongue Tied..Literally!

Kim, and here I thought having a chin shipped from WA was exotic. I think that is so cool you are going to Germany for a humanitarian mission.
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-03-2004, 10:05 PM
Nan
Playful Pup

Those chinnies are precious. I like their names, too. Enjoy them.
Diana
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-03-2004, 10:40 PM
Tarzan Mama of Two

Soo cute!!! Glad you are continuing to add to your clan!

Too lazy to even think of a siggy
post #11 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-03-2004, 10:50 PM
Movin' Up in the Pack

Smile

very cute but Chino is my favorite.
post #12 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-03-2004, 11:06 PM
Movin' Up in the Pack

Your babies are beautiful. Chino looks tan to me too, maybe he'll darken even more as he gets bigger

Team Captain: Mother of 250 chinchillas!
New litters weekly...I must be nuts
post #13 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-03-2004, 11:53 PM
Angel to Abandoned Puppies

they are just too adorable

MCBA Member

I've Been Frosted
post #14 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-04-2004, 03:05 AM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Therapist

Thanks everyone, we have been in contact with a few big breeders we know back in the states, and they have given us the info we will need when it is time to ship them back to the states with us ..... John, I agree I think Chino is a Tan can't wait to see if he will get darker

MCBA Member

Submit your info today

post #15 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-04-2004, 07:51 AM

Gorgeous Kim. Chino looks like a tan to me as well.

Tags
black velvet, blue eyed white, reputable breeder