Jade!! (Wheel question) - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Chinchilla Discussion Twitching whiskers, fluffy tails, silky soft fur and all else chinchilla!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-30-2005, 05:33 PM Thread Starter
Tiny Grosskisser

Jade!! (Wheel question)

I have a question about your flying saucer wheel.

How large is it? I bought the Chin Spin in hopes that it would work in the cage that you saw a picture of, but it doesn't.

I was thinking of the flying saucer wheel, but I'd like to find out indeed how big it is before I purchase one. They have a smaller one out there now (only fits a little over a pound chinnie though), but I would rather get the larger one. Otherwise, I may have to go with a Mary Ann Holden wheel, as the Leo Braun prices skyrocketed!

Karen

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

[
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-30-2005, 05:38 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

I'll measure the space you need when I get home tonight, unless someone else has one in the meantime.

Stephanie

post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-30-2005, 05:41 PM Thread Starter
Tiny Grosskisser

Thank you so much! That will come in handy! I know the smaller one (from what I was reading) would take up less space, but I have a feeling I'm going to have some fatty chins as they get older!

Karen

[

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-30-2005, 06:18 PM Thread Starter
Tiny Grosskisser

Ok. So I measured. For good measure. Hehe.

Horizontally, it'll be about 13" across. That's between the two ramps.
Vertically, it'll be about 19" across that I'd have space for the flying saucer.

Karen

[

post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-30-2005, 06:18 PM Thread Starter
Tiny Grosskisser

Just looked at the dimensions.

Seems like I'd have enough room for both, but would have optimum space if I went with the smaller one. Don't know what to do now!

Karen

[

post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-30-2005, 06:23 PM Thread Starter
Tiny Grosskisser

I'm a dummy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Chin Lady
Ok. So I measured. For good measure. Hehe.

Horizontally, it'll be about 13" across. That's between the two ramps.
Vertically, it'll be about 19" across that I'd have space for the flying saucer.
Ok, so that didn't make a lick of sense. From the back of the cage to the front of the cage is about 19". There, that makes more sense.

Karen

[

post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-31-2005, 10:34 PM Thread Starter
Tiny Grosskisser

Eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jade
I'll measure the space you need when I get home tonight, unless someone else has one in the meantime.
Anyone? I kinda need to know soon. It's pretty urgent that I get a wheel in the new cage!

Karen

[

post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-31-2005, 11:06 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

I'm so sorry, Karen. I didn't get out of work til 2:15am and didn't get home until nearly 3. I had to take care of Praline (she got another wound and isn't doing nearly as well, but I found the source thankfully) and then went to bed. I totally forgot! I'll put a note on my purse to measure for you.

Stephanie

post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-31-2005, 11:13 PM Thread Starter
Tiny Grosskisser

OMG Steph, Praline is a heck of a lot more important than wheel measurements, that's for darn sure!

Take your time. I'd much rather Praline be better than get measurements, trust me on that one!

Please give her some kisses and scritchies for me? I hope she's doing better!

Karen

[

post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-01-2005, 01:47 AM
Paw-Talk Lifer

To ensure adequate space between the wheel and the wall so a chin can get off any side without an injury, you'd really need 15" in depth (front to back) and at least 15-16" in width (left to right), along with at least 17-18" in height, I'd think. I wouldn't put it in anything much smaller.

I did have one in the bottom of a R-695 Martin's cage and it worked out okay, if I remember right.

Stephanie