Jumpy chinchilla - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Chinchilla Discussion Twitching whiskers, fluffy tails, silky soft fur and all else chinchilla!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-03-2007, 09:14 AM Thread Starter

Jumpy chinchilla

Has anyone ever seen there chinchilla JUMP straight up in the air and wiggle its tail? Because mine has been doing that and as funny as it is I have never seen it before. Just curious.

Laura
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-03-2007, 09:36 AM
Playful Pup

hi Laura,

mine have done it.. its hysterical and so fun to watch. they make me think of a mexican jumping bean. i have a video of mine on his saucer wheel, running, running, running.. then stops... and jumped straight up onto the ledge above, it happened so fast it was hard to even see him, he was there.. then he wasnt..

"Never allow someone to be your priority while allowing yourself to be their option."
Shadow, Thor, Sandy, Pandora and Isis
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Spike
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-03-2007, 09:45 AM Thread Starter

You can see mine. They spazz out and do it repeatedly and it is hilarious but this is a new thing and so as long as it is common I wont worry.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-03-2007, 09:47 AM
Playful Pup

i think they are just playing, my two girls do it too.

"Never allow someone to be your priority while allowing yourself to be their option."
Shadow, Thor, Sandy, Pandora and Isis

Spike
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-03-2007, 11:50 AM Thread Starter

I started to worry because my chins usually get dried raisins and whatnot and some cherrios for treats and I had a bunch of dried fruit in my cabinet...I gave them a dried apricot and they loved it, but when I let them out they went nuts and I was worried they had like a sugar rush or something. It was hilarious to watch but then they were running into things like always. I feel better now. They are super playful and super cute and hilarious as always. Thanks guys

Tags
dried fruit