Just some Questions! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Chinchilla Discussion Twitching whiskers, fluffy tails, silky soft fur and all else chinchilla!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-11-2007, 10:12 AM Thread Starter

Question Just some Questions!

Where do you find scales to weigh chins. And how much do regular vet checkups cost? I want to make sure my babies go to the vet this summer for a checkup, just to make sure they are great and perfect like I think they are!

Quick Story: I let Hailey and Henry out in their room the other day and sat there playing with them. Usually I sit and they climb on me (it helps them get used to me) and I was sitting there and I was watching Henry every now and then 'mount' Hailey and Hailey would squeal a little and hop in the air! It was fun to watch and she was not annoyed with it, so I let it continue. Every now and then she would purposely stand infront of him, like tempting him to 'mount' her. Is this like a lame way of mating? I read they normally mate at night and birth in the morning hours? I have been doing as much research as possible because I want to mate them and have babies. Currently, I believe she is preggers but not sure. Her attitude is different and she never seems to leave a certain spot in her cage, plus her attitude for me is insane! She also lets Henry lay on her and cuddle with her, when for the first 5 months I had him he wouldget laid on by her.

So, just some questions...anyone have any answers!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-11-2007, 10:44 AM
Will It Ever Change?

try going to an electronics shop and asking for digital scales? (science student) we always had all kinds of cool ones in the labs

"If you can't change your fate, change your attitude." - Amy Tan
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-11-2007, 01:27 PM

You can get digital scales from the kitchen section in many stores like Wal-Mart, Target, etc. You can also get the from the mail/postage sections of places like Office Depot. Make sure that they weigh in 1 gram increments or smaller.

As for check-ups, every vet I've been to around here usually charges between $60 and $70 per chin.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-11-2007, 06:12 PM

my chinnies usually put on about 300grams when they are preggy and almost due to drop and some pairs have no shame or privacy!!!!!!

Tags
regular vet