Just some questions - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Chinchilla Discussion Twitching whiskers, fluffy tails, silky soft fur and all else chinchilla!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-10-2002, 01:39 AM
Lampro

Just some questions

My female chin at 4 months of age seems to be a bit odd. She sometimes stares into space. What i mean is she has a blank face on and you can even walk right up to her and touch her. after maybe 2 or 3 secs she realizes you are there and runs off or shrieks you to get off. Is it possible she is slightly blind or has some sort of problem?

2. Do chins shed their fur? My breeder told me she would get darker she is a brown velvet, so i assume they shed their fur, and often i see small clumps of fur fly off her.

3. no matter what i try she will never use her litter to pee in, i try to move it in spots she does it in, no luck. I even try to find where she pees and dump it in the litter. Is it just possible some chins will never use a litter?

thank all.

p.s. i read everyday on poor little elvis, my prayers are out for him as well.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-10-2002, 01:50 AM
Paw-Talk Lifer

1 -- I think most chins do this! I know Elvis did .... especially when there was a sound he didn't recognize!

2 -- They don't shed the way a dog or cat will. They may slip some fur or occasionally shed some, but as a rule, no.

3 -- VERY possible! I tried in vain for 3 months to litter train Elvis and finally gave up! I think what you're doing is about all you can do ....

PS
Thank you! He means a lot to me.

Stephanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-10-2002, 09:06 AM
brodle

I tried to use a litter box at first but that didnt work. So what I did was use a sheet of paper over the spot he pees on. then gradually make the size of the paper smalller until it was the size of the litter. Then put the paper in the litter and then eventually removed it from the litter altogether and my chin used the litter.

Took about 4 weeks

Tags
brown velvet, litter box, litter train