Kizmet becomes a Mom - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Chinchilla Discussion Twitching whiskers, fluffy tails, silky soft fur and all else chinchilla!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-27-2002, 01:31 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Lifer

Kizmet becomes a Mom

Well after much anticipation and two sleepless nights, Kizmet finally made me a chinnie 'grandma!'

Here she is pregnant, just four days before the birth:

The first baby was in a breech position and Kiz had a hard time with him. She started pulling on his tail and pulled the fur off the end, as well as injured the tip. I'm keeping neosporin on it but the bleeding has stopped and it looks like it will heal just fine. I didn't get any pics of the birth, as I was too busy worrying myself to death and talking to Sassy on the phone. Soon enough, two little feet accompanied the tail and he was out. Kiz was a little bit frazzled so I took the birth sac off and started cleaning him. I can't tell you how it felt to watch him take that first little breath. It was absolutely amazing.

I put him back with mom and she took right over.

And here is the beautiful little boy, about 20 minutes old.

Again:

Stephanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-27-2002, 01:35 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Lifer

Here are more of the first baby. Sorry guys, this was my first litter so I went overboard on pics, as usual!

This is him, about an hour after birth.

Stephanie

post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-27-2002, 01:41 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Lifer

Last one of the first baby:

Here she is, just seconds after the birth of the second baby. She handled this one totally herself and did fantastic. All three babies were about an hour apart.

Here's the second baby, after being dried off a bit.

I'm fairly certain this is also the second baby, but it's hard to tell in the pictures which is which w/o seeing tails!

Stephanie

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-27-2002, 01:53 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Lifer

More of baby number 2 -- I'm unsure of the sex on this one. I'll know tonight.

Alena, I left my feet in this pic JUST for you!

Would you LOOK at the tail on this little bugger?? It's super soft!

Size indicator:

Here's Kiz with the first and second babies. I thought she was done at this point!

Stephanie

post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-27-2002, 02:02 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Lifer

Obviously, I was wrong about her being done! An hour after the second baby, suddenly here comes a third!!! I should've known, she DID gain 240+ grams!

Poor thing, here she is trying to keep track of the other two and has to give birth to the third!!

The third one is a little girl, and gets bullied pretty well by the other two so I'm keeping an eye on her.

Here is the family.

Double butt shot! Left to right: 2, 1, 3.

And finally, my three little angels. The first is in the foreground, the second at the back and left, the third on the right.

Stephanie

post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-27-2002, 02:38 PM

wow, awesome pics!!! you must be very excited! congrats!!
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-27-2002, 02:43 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Lifer

Thanks Nancy, I'm ecstatic!!

I'm in love with these little ones already!

Stephanie

post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-27-2002, 03:16 PM
Fertile Myrtle

YAY!! Great pics!!

Wife to an amazing man,
mom to three wonderful kids (9, 5.10, 4),
2 dogs, 3 hermit crabs and 2 bettas

|

post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-27-2002, 04:22 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Lifer

Okay guys I need names. DESPERATELY!!!

Mom and everyone are trying to call the first born E.J. or Elvis Junior. HELP!!

Stephanie

post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-27-2002, 04:44 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Lifer

Just called and got their weights -- the first and second born are both 42.5 grams, and the little girl is 39.7 grams.

Stephanie

post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-27-2002, 05:13 PM
Fertile Myrtle

Good weights for triplets!! As for supplementing, try and get some Nutrical in all of them - I usually get some on my finger and wipe it across the backof their teeth. The girl is a little small, but she's a triplet. I don't think I'd worry with supplementing just yet, but keep an eye on them and see how they do.

Wife to an amazing man,
mom to three wonderful kids (9, 5.10, 4),
2 dogs, 3 hermit crabs and 2 bettas

|

post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-27-2002, 05:18 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Lifer

Okay, thanks. I'm just going to train mom on how to tell them apart the next couple days! Who knows, I might have to come home early. It's driving me batty being away from them!!!

Stephanie

post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-27-2002, 05:31 PM
Proud New Mommy

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! JADEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE omg im so happy for all 5 of you!!! she not only gave birth for the first time.... but HAD THREE!!!!!!! yayayayayayayayyyyyyyyyyy how cuteeeeeee omg omg omg theyre so cute!!! i want i want i want!!!!! :hershey: :hershey: :hershey: :hershey: :hershey:

CONGRATS!!!

"Live your beliefs and you can turn the world around"- Henry David Thoreau
post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-27-2002, 05:33 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Lifer

@ Rocheal! Thanks hon. I'm probably going to keep the first born, though. He's too sweet.

Stephanie

post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-27-2002, 05:56 PM
Proud New Mommy

lol!!! i want one of the other ones!!!! hehehe im so happy its sad

"Live your beliefs and you can turn the world around"- Henry David Thoreau