Lexie had a baby! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Chinchilla Discussion Twitching whiskers, fluffy tails, silky soft fur and all else chinchilla!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-08-2004, 08:53 AM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

Lexie had a baby!

Lexie gave birth to a baby girl this morning! She's huge from what I've seen. She weighs 64 grams and is a tan like her daddy. She's really curious and ran up to the front of the cage to check me out. She's sooo cute!! I'll try to get some pictures of her when she's dry later today.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-08-2004, 11:12 AM
Angel to Abandoned Puppies

awwwwww what a cutie. Can't wait to see pics of that baby dry.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

MCBA Member

I've Been Frosted
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-08-2004, 11:17 AM
Paw-Talk Lifer

Awww! Thanks for sharing, Heather. I can't wait to see her all dry and fluffy!

Stephanie

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-08-2004, 11:26 AM
Playful Pup

erm... i sound kinda stupid , but was is she/he? a mouse or rat ? lol

TAZ

GINGER

MINSTREL

post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-08-2004, 11:27 AM
Playful Pup

ohhhhhh, is it a chinchillia? very cute!

TAZ

GINGER

MINSTREL

post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-08-2004, 01:18 PM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

Yes, it's a baby chinchilla. Here's a picture of her all dried off.
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-08-2004, 01:27 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

She's a doll! How's Lexie doing with her? Any first time mom jitters?

I'm a chinnie great-grandma!

Stephanie

post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-08-2004, 01:32 PM
Obsessed With Turtles

I can't believe Lexie is a mama already!!! gosh it seems like just yesterday Jade was posting she was born!! Congratulations... she's adorable!!
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-08-2004, 01:37 PM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

Lexie's doing great. She's really protective of her and she lets the baby hide underneath her. And when I've put the baby back up, after the few times I've had her out, Lexie runs right up to her and grooms her and talks to her. The baby is really curious though. Half the time she's running around exploring everything. I must have taken 20 pictures before I got that new one. She wouldn't sit still long enough for me to get a good shot.
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-08-2004, 01:37 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by fstybrat
I can't believe Lexie is a mama already!!! gosh it seems like just yesterday Jade was posting she was born!! Congratulations... she's adorable!!
I know, I can't believe she's over a year old! She was born in February of last year ... seems like yesterday.

Stephanie

post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-08-2004, 01:43 PM
Angel to Abandoned Puppies

What a beautiful tan. I see no red tint either, that's wonderful.

Beware though, tans go through some funky changes. Odds are that baby will lighten over the next few weeks and then darken again later.

MCBA Member

I've Been Frosted
post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-08-2004, 01:46 PM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

Yeah, I figured she would probably lighten up so I'll just have to wait and see what happens. I'm horrible at telling if there's red tint or not, so it's good to hear that you don't see any.
post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-08-2004, 06:55 PM
Paw-Talk Therapist

She's adorable! Congrats

Owned by 26 chins, 7 cats, 2 dogs, and 7 aquariums

Come drop by!

post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-08-2004, 06:58 PM
Fluffy Potatokisser

OMG! How cute is she??? I can't wait to be a chinnie grandma! Congrats to you and to Jade's becoming a chinnie Great Grandma!

Chin Mom to Lila, Skye, Ty, Rolex, Calypso, Lizzie, Jax, Sam, Sage, Lorenzo, Spitfire, Holly, Dylan, Leia, Punky, Kylie, Skylar, Jetta, Oreo, Emma, Forest, Georgie, Alexis, Picador and all the kits!
Pittie Mom to Kali and Orion
Rattie Mom to Drake and Dumbo
Bunny Mom to Dutchie
Plain ole Mom to Zach, Brandon and Connor!
Come visit us at
post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-08-2004, 07:49 PM
Adolescent Pup

Oh wow! I love that color, that is so pretty. :-) She's so sweet.

Tags
sit still