Love bites? - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Chinchilla Discussion Twitching whiskers, fluffy tails, silky soft fur and all else chinchilla!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-10-2006, 03:11 PM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

Love bites?

Finally my internet is back up and running!!!!
I have been wanting everyones advice on something, its about Chinnie boy, my 1 yr old chilla man . He has always been quite a love bug but lately he has been acting a little strange, almost love starved. Every night i let him out of his cage to romp around my bedroom, and i stay in there with him to supevise. Sometimes i lay in bed to read and chinnie usually jumps up to visit with me, and he grooms my arms and makes his little chirping noises, plays with my hair and all of that great stuff. Recently hes started getting a little too into it though, when he nibbles on my arms it turns into a bite and he tries to pull on my arm with his teeth. I can tell he isnt trying to hurt me, he does it in a loving way but still it really hurts and i have to gently nudge him away. Then he comes right back. Chinnie has also been trying to mate with my hand . I dont know what to do? Should i get him a friend? and if so should it be a male or female? I guess you could say im really confused on this one, but hes my baby and i want him to be happy so any help would be appreciated

Lois Isabel

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-10-2006, 05:36 PM
Tiny Grosskisser

I'm going to take a guess (and anyone can correct me!) that he thinks you're his mate!! Just the way he's grooming you and nibbling you and well....errm...you know the rest!

Karen

[

post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-12-2006, 05:57 PM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

Do you think that if i got him a friend he would direct his affection towrds another chin? Which would be best, a female or a male?

Lois Isabel

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-12-2006, 06:03 PM
Tiny Grosskisser

I'd say male unless you wanted to breed. There is no guarantee though (and this goes with either gender) that they'd get along. Which is why I'm going to say what I'm going to say next.

Always have a second cage on hand. You'll need one to have for quarantine and in case after you try putting them together and for whatever reason they don't get along.

Karen

[

post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-15-2006, 01:17 PM
Kansas City Chinchillas

It is common for males to hump humans and other objects. Getting him a friend would probably not stop his humping. If he bites you gently blow in his face and say no. Sometimes that helps them learn not to bite hard.

Cathy
Kansas City Chinchillas