Making Friends - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Chinchilla Discussion Twitching whiskers, fluffy tails, silky soft fur and all else chinchilla!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-28-2008, 01:17 AM Thread Starter

Making Friends

I have a male chin named Frank. I have learned a lot about chins since I got him, but I still have a lot to learn. I have no idea how old he is, because we are his third family at least. The first family was apparantly abusive, and had children who were mean to him. He had a companion, a female named May, who died. Then a friend of that family decided to take Frank in because of the abuse, but she ended up moving and could not have a pet, so my boyfriend and I have taken him in. We have had him for about a year, and now that he's settled in, we would like to find him a new companion. We could not handle babies right now, but I was not sure how putting two older males together would work out. I know we need to do it gradually, but otherwise I have no idea how to find Frank a good friend without them hurting each other or having kits! Should I buy a male or female? Please help, Frank seems very lonely lately and we were looking to kind a new chin within a few weeks, but have no idea how. Also, if anyone is selling chins in western Pennsylvania please let me know! Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-28-2008, 12:03 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

I would suggest against an older male. You might be able to get him to accept a kit, but there's no way to know. If you do decide to get another, be prepared to have two chins living separately for the duration of their lives. You just never know how they'll get along after the quarantine and introduction periods.

Stephanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-28-2008, 05:39 PM

I agree. Be ready to have more than one cage.

Tags
males together