Mazi is in trouble (posted for Desdemona) - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Chinchilla Discussion Twitching whiskers, fluffy tails, silky soft fur and all else chinchilla!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-14-2002, 05:40 PM Thread Starter

Mazi is in trouble (posted for Desdemona)

Desdemona asked me to post this for her:

Mazi started labor a few hours ago, she pushed for awhile, a kits tail came out and Mazi's labor stopped. They are at the vet right now waiting for Mazi to come out of surgery, she had to have a emergency c-section. So far she has had to pay a $524.00 deposit(before they would start the surgery).

Desdemona asks if anyone on the board knows of any organizations that will help with this HUGE vet bill. The vet has told her that it can cost up to $1,200.00 before it is all over. Please post any ideas here.

Thank you!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-14-2002, 05:58 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

no available payment plan? wow ... I'll do some research tomorrow, I'm done here at work for the day.

Best of luck to her.

Stephanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-14-2002, 06:30 PM Thread Starter

Mazi is out of surgery, she had two babies, one passed on shortly after being delivered. She was spayed while they were in there, the vet told Desdemona that Mazi would not have been able to get the kits out on her own.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-14-2002, 06:55 PM
Fertile Myrtle

Oh no!! Was it that they were too big or that they were breech? I will definitely do some research for her.

For those of you who don't know, Mazi is the first kit I sold. She will be a year old on May 23.

Wife to an amazing man,
mom to three wonderful kids (9, 5.10, 4),
2 dogs, 3 hermit crabs and 2 bettas

|

post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-14-2002, 09:32 PM

I am so sorry to hear what Mazi and Des are going through
I do hope that Maz will be ok .I send my prayers to you both.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-14-2002, 10:56 PM
Resident Chatroom Blonde

I am sorry to hear about Mazi and hope all works well.I don't know of any organizations either but will help if I can.I don't mind pitching in a little money to help out.

post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-14-2002, 11:09 PM Thread Starter

Baby one was breech coming tail first, the vet did not say how baby two was in there, but she did say that Mazi was to narrow in the pelvic and hips to let the baby pass through. He was stuck. The baby that lived is 54 grs. (male) the one that passed was 37 grs.(female)
the little boy is gorgeous, he is a mosaic (may be a black/white cross) the little girl was a black velvet.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-14-2002, 11:17 PM
Resident Chatroom Blonde

I am really sorry for the loss of the little girl

post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-15-2002, 01:12 AM
Desdemona

Talking THANK YOU ALL

Thank you all so much for your prayers and help. LIttle Copper (my Black/white cross boy that made it) is doing well. Mom has a little satelite dish thing around her neck to keep her from getting to her stitches (pulled one out right before i got her home from vet), but she is fiesty as ever. The Dr. did spay her because if she did get preggers again, the same thing would happen. Her hips just were not wide enough to deliver. But she can now stay with Copper for as long as she wants and there are no inbreeding worries Baby is nursing on mom, and hopefully everything will be good throughout the night. Sassy has taken on the task of staying up all night and all day to make sure that Mazi and Copper are okay. Copper is a little booger himself...her wants to RUN all of the time. I will take and post pics (unless Sassy does first... Mazi looks pretty funny with her satelite dish on). The daddy, Mickey, is depressed. Hopefully he will perk back on up soon enough. He misses his Mazi. Anyway, thank you so much for your support and i will keep you updated!

post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-15-2002, 08:33 AM
Fertile Myrtle

I'm so glad everything worked out. It's horrible she had to be spayed, but at the same time, you DID get your "moo cow baby"!!!

Wife to an amazing man,
mom to three wonderful kids (9, 5.10, 4),
2 dogs, 3 hermit crabs and 2 bettas

|

post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-15-2002, 10:15 AM
Desdemona

I am actually glad that they spayed her... I elected it. When the Dr told me that she would have to go through this every time because her pelvis was just too narrow, I just couldn't bring myself to have her go through all of that pain again. The doctor recommended that I just have her spayed while she was in surgery for the cesarian, and I agreed with her. It would have been cruel of me to put her through any of this again.

I got an update from Sassy... Mazi and Copper are doing well. Mazi no longer has her satelite dish on (she kept flailing about and probably would have smooshed Cooper, so it was best to just remove it. She hasnt messed with her stitches once). Mazi is letting Copper nurse, but we arent sure if milk has come in yet or not. We have a few jealous mommy's that think Copper is theirs, so if worse comes to worse he will have a wet nurse Thank you all again for your support! I truly do appreciate it.

post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-15-2002, 02:08 PM

I am so glad to hear that things are going ok with mom and baby

Tags
black velvet