Mazuri in Petsmart! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Chinchilla Discussion Twitching whiskers, fluffy tails, silky soft fur and all else chinchilla!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-15-2004, 05:52 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Lifer

Talking Mazuri in Petsmart!

I was in Petsmart a couple weeks ago and saw Mazuri Ferret food. Silly me, I had to run over to the chin section and low and behold, they had it! When I left it was mysteriously in front of the other foods and a couple bags were turned around with ingredients to the front.

It's horribly over priced, but I'm just happy a pet store now carries a much better quality chin food than what's been previously available!!
http://www.petsmart.com/global/produ...=1089931992780

Stephanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-15-2004, 05:55 PM
Fluffy Potatokisser

Yahoo!! Granted I'm still going to order mine from the feed store because I can get it in 25 lbs bags for $11 and it's usually milled the week before I get it so I know it's fresh, but it is good to know that in a pinch I can get some from Petsmart when the Mazuri people fail to put it on the truck to my feed store.
Thanks Stephanie
Maybe if we are really lucky, Petsmart will start carrying Blue Cloud dust!

Chin Mom to Lila, Skye, Ty, Rolex, Calypso, Lizzie, Jax, Sam, Sage, Lorenzo, Spitfire, Holly, Dylan, Leia, Punky, Kylie, Skylar, Jetta, Oreo, Emma, Forest, Georgie, Alexis, Picador and all the kits!
Pittie Mom to Kali and Orion
Rattie Mom to Drake and Dumbo
Bunny Mom to Dutchie
Plain ole Mom to Zach, Brandon and Connor!
Come visit us at

Last edited by Chinchilla_Girl; 07-15-2004 at 06:06 PM.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-15-2004, 06:06 PM
Tiny Grosskisser

I really wish that pet stores would get in larger bags of Oxbow chinchilla food.

I absolutely HATE having to order it online, because the shipping costs are outrageous! And everytime I ask a pet store to order the largest bag, they say they can't! I know they can, they just don't want to!

Karen

[

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-15-2004, 07:56 PM
Movin' Up in the Pack

That figures. Just when I switched all my boys to Tradition because it would be easier to get. Hmph.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-15-2004, 10:57 PM

I get the 25 lb bag for $12 so not too bad. How much was it at petsmart?

Edited to say never mind, clicked the link and thanking goodness I have a feed store that gets it much cheaper. They usually have it in stock so I'm good to go.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-16-2004, 12:44 PM
Miss New Booty

OH wow, I saw this, too! I was even going to post about it! We went to get a few things and Brad said "They have Mazuri hamster food here??" We both said "Let's look at the chinchilla section!" Yup, there is was! WOW it was expensive! But awesome to know they carry that food now!

~* Jackie *~

post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-16-2004, 12:55 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittygurl823
OH wow, I saw this, too! I was even going to post about it! We went to get a few things and Brad said "They have Mazuri hamster food here??" We both said "Let's look at the chinchilla section!"
I'm glad I'm not the only person who did that!!

Stephanie

post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-16-2004, 02:02 PM
Fluffy Potatokisser

Makes you wonder what other kinds of changes are in store at Petsmart. I have no clue if it has anything to do with the letter I sent to corporate about how the chins were getting oranges and carrots when they shouldn't be. I did specify what I fed and that they needed constant hay...maybe they looked into Mazuri and decided to give it a whirl? I certainly hope so. Anyone notice oranges in the chin cages lately?

Chin Mom to Lila, Skye, Ty, Rolex, Calypso, Lizzie, Jax, Sam, Sage, Lorenzo, Spitfire, Holly, Dylan, Leia, Punky, Kylie, Skylar, Jetta, Oreo, Emma, Forest, Georgie, Alexis, Picador and all the kits!
Bunny Mom to Dutchie
Come visit us at
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-16-2004, 08:15 PM
Incubator Cricket Killer

That is great news! It is horribly overpriced, but it's nice to know that I could go get a few days worth if I needed to!

post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-16-2004, 08:38 PM
Fluffy Potatokisser

I checked my Petsmart today when I went to get more bedding...no Mazuri, but then again they were almost out of everything, so maybe it's on the next truck. They were so understocked, there were only 2 big bags of aspen left! Normally they have a ton of it!
I guess I'll be checking again next time...no big deal though...I get if from the feed store in larger quantities for a lot cheaper, but like becki said, it's nice to know in an emergency!

Bunny Mom to Dutchie
Come visit us at
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-17-2004, 07:28 AM
Proud New Mommy

NEAT!! I hope the PetSmart here gets their heads together. Thankfully our PetSmart doesn't carry chinchillas, but they do carry nasty chinchilla products. I'll have to check and see if they have it in stock here. Hopefully it will be bought more than the crappy chin foods.

"Live your beliefs and you can turn the world around"- Henry David Thoreau
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-17-2004, 07:33 AM

Wonder if they have the 25 lb bags (didnt see it on the link). It is nice to know that they do carry it though. I get 25 lbs for 9.99 at a feed store we recently found.

Tags
ferret food, hamster food, pet store, pet stores