MCBA York show - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Chinchilla Discussion Twitching whiskers, fluffy tails, silky soft fur and all else chinchilla!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-18-2004, 06:05 PM Thread Starter
Fluffy Potatokisser

MCBA York show

I don't know all the specifics on everyone else, but mine did pretty well.
Sage, my Shoots BV female recieved Color Class Champion Female
Jetta, my Homo Eb female bred by Becky West took Reserve Color Class Champion Female (really good since she made it into the adult catagory by 5 days, making her the youngest in the adult catagory)
Skye my Extra Dark Standard female from Shoots took a 1A (Judge trainee was quoted as saying, "I don't know if they put a bluing agent on her or what, but her belly is crisp white and she just shines!")
Jax my Extra Dark Standard male from Shoots got a First Place
And Kir, my Light Hetero Ebony male got a Third Place due to narrow shoulders and small size. (I really just wanted an opinion on him and showed him for the fun of it)
I believe Standards took GSC male and female
a Beige took Reserve GS female and I missed what took Reserve male. It was a whole lot of fun though and I'm pretty happy with how my chins did.

Chin Mom to Lila, Skye, Ty, Rolex, Calypso, Lizzie, Jax, Sam, Sage, Lorenzo, Spitfire, Holly, Dylan, Leia, Punky, Kylie, Skylar, Jetta, Oreo, Emma, Forest, Georgie, Alexis, Picador and all the kits!
Pittie Mom to Kali and Orion
Rattie Mom to Drake and Dumbo
Bunny Mom to Dutchie
Plain ole Mom to Zach, Brandon and Connor!
Come visit us at
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-18-2004, 06:24 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

Congrats, Mandie!!

I knew Kir would get knocked for his big butt! Did they comment at all on his fur? Density? Color? He and Jetta should go well together considering how well she placed.

Stephanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-18-2004, 06:34 PM Thread Starter
Fluffy Potatokisser

Actually they did say that he had very nice tight stand-up and dense fur. He color was also "very nice" but again, he was narrow in the shoulders and neck and small for his age. Of course I know he is going through a growth spurt and will get bigger, so I have no concerns about his size getting up there. Actually someone did come up to me after the show and pointed out Jetta and said if she was for sale, I should get her to put her with him to help with the confirmation! LOL! I told him that she was not for sale, and I didn't have to buy her because she was one of mine and I already had plans to do just that! LOL! I thought it was pretty funny!

Chin Mom to Lila, Skye, Ty, Rolex, Calypso, Lizzie, Jax, Sam, Sage, Lorenzo, Spitfire, Holly, Dylan, Leia, Punky, Kylie, Skylar, Jetta, Oreo, Emma, Forest, Georgie, Alexis, Picador and all the kits!
Bunny Mom to Dutchie
Come visit us at
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-18-2004, 06:35 PM Thread Starter
Fluffy Potatokisser

Oh and I don't have room left to put the show pics up here and I don't know yet how to clean it out, but you can see them at http://home.earthlink.net/~cutiepeach26/id14.html
Thanks!

Bunny Mom to Dutchie
Come visit us at
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-18-2004, 06:49 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

Definitely take him next time and have him re-evaluated when he gets some size. I'd love to know how he does. I'm glad they liked his fur too! His daddy's conformation was one of the reasons I didn't want to breed him anymore - he really tended to pass it on to his babies (oddly enough, he came from Ann!). Thankfully Kir got Audi's fur though!

That's a great coincidence with Jetta and Kir! Great pictures too!

Stephanie

post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-18-2004, 08:06 PM
Incubator Cricket Killer

Wow, sounds like you and your chinnies did great, congrats!

post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-18-2004, 08:06 PM
Angel to Abandoned Puppies

congrats Mandie!! That's wonderful

MCBA Member

I've Been Frosted
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-20-2004, 02:18 AM Thread Starter
Fluffy Potatokisser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jade
Definitely take him next time and have him re-evaluated when he gets some size. I'd love to know how he does. I'm glad they liked his fur too! His daddy's conformation was one of the reasons I didn't want to breed him anymore - he really tended to pass it on to his babies (oddly enough, he came from Ann!). Thankfully Kir got Audi's fur though!

That's a great coincidence with Jetta and Kir! Great pictures too!
Well, if your planning on going to the SC show in November, you'll get to see how he does yourself!! I can't wait!

Bunny Mom to Dutchie
Come visit us at
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-20-2004, 02:36 AM
Paw-Talk Addict

I didn't know that chinchillas had shows. That is so interesting. I mean, forgive me for being ignorant ... before this forum I thought there was nothing really more to chinchillas then what you see in the pet shop -- a pet. It seems like there is just as much to breeding and keeping them as there is to doing the whole dog bit.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-20-2004, 07:21 AM Thread Starter
Fluffy Potatokisser

Honestly, until I found the chinchilla forums, I thought the same thing! LOL! I mean I thought they were just interesting pets! I knew coats were made out of them too, but I knew nothing about shows and all the things that go with showing! This was actually my first show too...pretty good for someone who didn't even know if she was combing her chins correctly!

Bunny Mom to Dutchie
Come visit us at

Tags
hetero ebony, pet shop