My black baby...? - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Chinchilla Discussion Twitching whiskers, fluffy tails, silky soft fur and all else chinchilla!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-06-2005, 11:00 PM Thread Starter
Proud New Mommy

My black baby...?

On April 19th, we had two black chinchillas born to Nilla (our white female) and Pimpster (Our medium ebony male). One chinchilla that I could not bring myself to part with had the cutest white tail-- the rest of her body was ebony. I immediately named her after my mom's first dog Tyki.

I just wanted to share the experience we've had watching her grow.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Live your beliefs and you can turn the world around"- Henry David Thoreau
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-06-2005, 11:01 PM Thread Starter
Proud New Mommy

Bigger and Bigger she grows.

post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-06-2005, 11:02 PM
Adolescent Pup

What a cutie. Is her tail normal now?

Becky
Proud Mommy to Sammi and Leigh (my girls)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-06-2005, 11:04 PM Thread Starter
Proud New Mommy

You can still see the bald spot but it's not noticeable unless you really look. I just love everything about her!! She is so different than any other chinchilla I've ever seen.

post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-07-2005, 03:42 AM
Adolescent Pup

What a unique chinchilla, congratulations she is too beautiful

Lois Isabel

post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-07-2005, 05:56 AM
Irregular and Proud!

She is pretty, and there is a certain appeal to that "pipecleaner" tail you sometimes get from a breech birth. I've always liked tails like that.

Patti

Back in NC again! (Army wife and proud!)
Chinnies: Maureen, Max, and Muad'Dib
Cats: Daphne (who says, I only play with mousie toys with a string tail and a bell.)
And introducing: Tasselhof and Kittira (Hubbie's childhood cats, who are 10 and 9 repectively)
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-07-2005, 12:39 PM Thread Starter
Proud New Mommy

Thank you.

post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-07-2005, 11:12 PM
Adolescent Pup

Oh she's so gorgous!!!!

~Misty~

post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-07-2005, 11:23 PM
Adolescent Pup

How's she doing? Got any new pics?

Becky
Proud Mommy to Sammi and Leigh (my girls)

post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-08-2005, 08:00 AM
Paw-Talk Therapist

Aww, what a transformation! Beautiful girl!

Owned by 26 chins, 7 cats, 2 dogs, and 7 aquariums

Come drop by!

post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-08-2005, 10:26 AM
Adolescent Pup

What an adorable girl!

Chinmom to :
Trinity (standard grey), Trillian (hetero beige), Tequila (mosaic),
Speedy (hetero beige) and Batman (standard grey)
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-08-2005, 01:02 PM Thread Starter
Proud New Mommy

Thank you so much!

She is doing great. She loves to come out of her cage for pictures. I took a few more today of her. She hasn't changed much since the last pictures but I will post as she grows.