My chinchilla suddenly stopped eating! - Page 2 - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Chinchilla Discussion Twitching whiskers, fluffy tails, silky soft fur and all else chinchilla!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-13-2011, 12:09 PM Thread Starter
Newborn Pup

Well this is the last message I will be leaving on this thread due to the unfortunete events that happened over the last 24 hours which led to him being put to sleep
He had been doing fine until last night...he had gone back onto hard food again after having his teeth cut back and was back to his jolly self again, bounding around like he's supossed to. But last night after he had been playing around for about half an hour he went back into his cage and laid very low, I gave him a bit of hard food which he ate..but when he walked he had his bum held up high. I was refreshing hid food nuggets when I sore him suddenly jump and flinch, then he laid back down again. We took him out of the cage..he was realy floppy and limp, we thought that maybe he had wind or somthing so we sat messaging his tummy for a while, he seemed pretty content until he suddenly broke into a mager fit!
We held him still trying to stop him as he tried to arch his head right back into his tail. We held him like that for about 40 minutes finding each time he stopped the slightest change of possition would cause him to fit again.
eventually he closed his eyes and fell to sleep for an hour. After that he started opening his eyes and blinking. It took about another hour before he regained all his body but use of his legs seemed poor.
By that time it was 5am so I went to bed leaving him with my sister to sleep on the setee.
By morning he showed no signs of improvment and could only drag himself around on his tummy and even then he would stumble over on his side, we had him at the vets for half nine in the morning where we were told that it was unlikely he would regain himself, we believe that he had somthing of a stroke or seizure. He kept tensing up at the vets as though he was going to go back into a fit again, and the vets sugested that in that state she would advise putting him to sleep. Thus is what we did.

He is now at peace and I feel good that in the last two weeks of his life, he was well. We don't know what caused it. Whether he ate somthing bad whilst he was out, tooth related or even the medicien he has been on, at least he has had a good lifexxx
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-13-2011, 01:10 PM
she-mayor of Whoville

sadface

Don't forget my youtube channel: fuzzypixie16
And add me on photobucket: tinypixiexoxo

"A person's a person, no matter how small" - Horton hears a Who

Boo the

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Izzie the
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Panda Bear the dwarf
Smee the dwarf
Sadi the syrian

R.I.P. Jigglypuff the dwarf
post #18 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-21-2011, 10:00 AM
Playful Pup

There might be pain in the teeth. That's why your dog lost his appetite.

are like potato chips, you really can't have just one…

Tags
chinchilla, chinchilla feeding, chinchilla food, chinchilla is ill, chinchilla teeth