my cunning plan!! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Chinchilla Discussion Twitching whiskers, fluffy tails, silky soft fur and all else chinchilla!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-28-2007, 01:48 PM Thread Starter

Smile

right i have a plan of making my chinchilla a run in my garden!i would get some chikin wire and then put lots of rocks in it and make tunnels going through the rocks ect...and then on the groung id put chinchilla sand so it will be like in the desert were they come from.tell me if there are anything wrong with my plan?????????/i wouldnt leave him outside for a long time just for while he is playin id watch him to and have to mske sure the sun isnt on him to much?
telll me wot u think?????????
xxxxxxxxx
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-30-2007, 12:17 PM
Proud New Mommy

I think it sounds like a wonderful plan as long as you make it completely escape proof!!
Where do you live? Right now, with it being hot outside, the risk of heat stroke is way too high but it would be a perfect time for you to get started on it to get it ready for late fall. When the outside temp drops to around 70 or so.
Make sure when he's out there that you're out there watching. You wouldn't believe the little cracks and crannies they can fit through. I had one chinchilla that was a complete houdini and could escape out of almost any contraption or cage. It would also be a good idea to keep a watch so curious kitties and other animals don't get a chance to hurt him.
Make sure the sand and wood you use are safe for him, as well.
I'd love to see pictures of it once you started working on it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Live your beliefs and you can turn the world around"- Henry David Thoreau
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-30-2007, 01:54 PM
Will It Ever Change?

your plan sounds wicked awesome! ditto on the escape proof. make sure there's a bowl of water, and no direct sun at all if it's also hot out. i think they're similar to degus in needing a cool-comfortable place? but it you put it under a big tree that's always in shade, and it's not hot-humid ick out, it's okay! im canadian, so 23 celcius or less eh? lol

and pics!!!!

"If you can't change your fate, change your attitude." - Amy Tan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-01-2007, 01:17 PM Thread Starter

hay,
thanks for ur posts i live in york in england by the way and its been totaly tiping it down so not much chance of heat stroke lol !i have been workin on it this weekend but he can climb up the wire so ill make a top for it i think he likes it tho!when i sit in it my dog gets jelous and tries to jump in but i tell him!!!ill get some fotos of it finished ASAP!!!
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-03-2007, 09:21 AM
Proud New Mommy

Looking forward to the pics!

"Live your beliefs and you can turn the world around"- Henry David Thoreau
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-26-2007, 01:23 PM
Newborn Pup

Make Sure The Temputure Where It Is Right
Sounds Wicked Though
I Wish You Luck

1 Chinchilla called Muffin

2 Rabbits called Daisy + Louis

2 Pointer Dogs called Dylan + Indi

2 Syrian Hammies called Willow + Toffee