At my wits end - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Chinchilla Discussion Twitching whiskers, fluffy tails, silky soft fur and all else chinchilla!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-13-2006, 10:36 PM Thread Starter
Tiny Grosskisser

Unhappy At my wits end

I just don't know what to do anymore.

Monkey has lost 35 grams since the dental work was done. He hardly eats anything and may have to have more dental work done.

I now have to force feed him and he'll have to be on medicine. I'm going to have them do a full body x-ray to make sure there's no underlying problems that could be causing his lack of appetite.

I feel horrible for him. I'm not ready to let him go and am going to do as much as I can to make sure whatever is causing this gets taken care of.

Can I tell you that this sucks in the worst possible way?

Karen

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

[
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-13-2006, 10:40 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

I've been right where you are, hon. Hang in there and just do the best that you can do.

Stephanie

post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-14-2006, 08:01 AM
Aspires to Change Oil

Do the best you can and hopefully he'll recover. Keeping him in my thoughts and hopes.

, [username] .
are you new member? have questions?

Feel free to PM or IM me.
Contacts are my profile.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-14-2006, 09:50 AM
Paw-Talk Addict

Just hang in there and do the best that you can.
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-14-2006, 05:24 PM
Super Soaker Snot Ball Shooter

Rhonda

post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-15-2006, 07:42 AM
Playful Pup

I know how you feel....I shall say some prayers.
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-15-2006, 01:04 PM
Kansas City Chinchillas

Hope he has a speedy recovery!

Cathy
Kansas City Chinchillas

post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-15-2006, 04:31 PM
Adolescent Pup

I'm sending him some love and light!

Mother is the name for God in the lips and hearts of little children. -- William Makepeace Thackery
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-17-2006, 09:03 PM
Adolescent Pup

Send Good vibes Monkey's way!

~Misty~

post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-17-2006, 09:16 PM Thread Starter
Tiny Grosskisser

Monkey goes in on Wednesday for his x-ray, so I'll keep you updated on what is said!

Misty....the little one is doing just great! We had a problem with a hair ring (we got it off right away) and a little swelling, but that's gone down! I hope you don't mind, but I renamed him Chilli.

Karen

[

post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-17-2006, 09:26 PM
Adolescent Pup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Chin Lady
Monkey goes in on Wednesday for his x-ray, so I'll keep you updated on what is said!

Misty....the little one is doing just great! We had a problem with a hair ring (we got it off right away) and a little swelling, but that's gone down! I hope you don't mind, but I renamed him Chilli.
Very cute name! I don't mind at all!
Hope he's doing good for you!
He likes to "pleasure" himself, so we always tried to check him for rings really well.

~Misty~

post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-19-2006, 03:43 PM Thread Starter
Tiny Grosskisser

Update

Ok everyone....here's the update on Monkey.

They did a full body x-ray, and they only found two things (minor) wrong with him.

One was a bit of spurring on the lower molars and a little bit of gas (the vet said it was nothing so terribly bad to cause concern). I am going to see if I can take a look at the x-rays myself.

They said force feed him CC and give him the antibiotics for another week and call back. If no improvement, they're going to run bloodwork and see if there's something going on with an internal organ. I hope it's not that. I really do.

So, there's the update!

Karen

[

post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-19-2006, 04:15 PM
Adolescent Pup

Aww Karen, Monkey will me in our thoughts!
Stay strong

~Misty~

post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-21-2006, 05:06 PM
Part of the Pack

I hope he starts gaining soon. Is he eating anything on his own? How is his demeanor?

My wonderful loves:
Emma, Xavier, SweetPea, Mr. Pickles, Mary Beth, Sheldon,Zena,Cadbury,Kapuah,Walter,Lou,Chip, Dilbert, Cartman, Gessepi,Miranda, Henry & Riker (my chins)/ Bunny, Little Cat,Clarissa (cats) , Lucy & Grace (Dappled Doxies) Simon (GSD puppy), Cookie (Australian Shepherd puppy), Captain Jack (cockatiel)
Bella Chinchillas
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-21-2006, 06:18 PM Thread Starter
Tiny Grosskisser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenn
I hope he starts gaining soon. Is he eating anything on his own? How is his demeanor?

He'll eat some of the pellets on his own, and he'll take a treat, but when it comes to medicine and being force fed, he's not happy at all. He's still friendly, but squawks a lot when it comes to getting him out of the cage!

Karen

[