Necropsy results from Scooter - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Chinchilla Discussion Twitching whiskers, fluffy tails, silky soft fur and all else chinchilla!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-11-2004, 05:37 PM Thread Starter
Tiny Grosskisser

Necropsy results from Scooter

I found out today what caused Scooter's passing.

They found that she had a uterine infection and her uterus was filled with puss.

I thought finding out would make me feel better, but now I feel worse. I wish I had known, maybe I could have saved her.

Karen

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

[
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-11-2004, 05:45 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

Please don't beat yourself up. A closed pyometra is nearly impossible to detect because the uterus remains closed - no discharge is evident, often no other signs are present. I've seen numerous dogs die of the same thing - the only way to prevent it is to spay an animal, which obviously isn't a good idea in a chinchilla. Scooter knew she was loved and that's what matters.

Stephanie

post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-11-2004, 06:10 PM
Angel to Abandoned Puppies

I'm with Jade. There is no way you could have known. I have lost a female to a closed pyometra as well. It was devastating, but you just have to know you do the best you can do for your chins.

MCBA Member

I've Been Frosted
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-11-2004, 06:47 PM
Paw-Talk Therapist

Don't beat yourself up, you gave her the best life you could! Honor her with your memory, and she will live on forever.

Owned by 26 chins, 7 cats, 2 dogs, and 7 aquariums

Come drop by!

post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-11-2004, 09:02 PM
Tongue Tied..Literally!

I also agree with everyone else, please don't blame yourself for Scooter's death. Let me put it this way, if you would have seen evident signs, you would have known and taken care of it. I know just from reading your posts how much you love and care for your animals and you are not the type of person to ignore an animal's health.

Lean on us for support and a shoulder to cry on.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-11-2004, 09:11 PM

I also agree with everyone else, Scooter knew she was loved.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-12-2004, 12:57 AM
Paw-Talk Therapist

Don't blame yourself for something you had no idea of......Scooter knew she was loved and I'm sorry for your loss

MCBA Member

Submit your info today

I Sell Chinchilla Supplies!
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-12-2004, 05:08 PM
Proud New Mommy

I agree with everyone else. Don't beat yourself up over something you didn't know about.

Im so sorry....

"Live your beliefs and you can turn the world around"- Henry David Thoreau
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-12-2004, 06:00 PM
Paw-Talk Therapist

I know you feel guilty, but its not your fault. You were a very good chinny mom and Scooter was lucky to have you! I hope you feel better soon.

Rats have rights...& mice too!