need help with moving my chin - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Chinchilla Discussion Twitching whiskers, fluffy tails, silky soft fur and all else chinchilla!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-26-2009, 02:09 AM Thread Starter
Newborn Pup

need help with moving my chin

im moving in about a week it going to be a car ride i will be going up hill down hill and in hot and cold places the trip will take about 8 hours
i know to keep them cool and try not to make to much noise and not to drive crazy
but im worried about her not taking it ok
any tips on how to keep her calm
i rly could use the help thank you
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-26-2009, 04:53 PM
I'm not weird, I'm gifted

I wouldn't worry.
If you use a cat transport, you could hang a bottle of water on it, so she can drink when she needs it

/Pia

I apologized if my english is not correct
Owned by chinchillas since 1997
Breeding since 2005

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
<-- Check out my blog for Chinfo
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-31-2009, 03:03 PM
Playful Pup

My three have been back and forth from the west coast to the east (they're high mileage chins ). They don't like it but they do just fine. Just put her in a carrier (medium or smaller), I usually throw some bedding in with a towel so that it keeps them comfortable. I put in hay to give them something to nibble on. Because you're only going to be going 8 hours, I wouldn't worry with the water bottle - driving could cause it to leak and get her wet. She'll be fine without one until you stop - she might not even be interested in drinking from it even if you stop for a few minutes but offer it anyway. Other than that, don't blast the music loud. Maybe play something soft and relaxing to both of you. Try not to make any sudden stops/hard braking. Other than that, she should be fine.

If you don't plan on driving the whole way through and stop at a hotel, bring dust. Let her run around the bathroom at night and have a dust bath to work off the stress. Hope this helps.

Last edited by forsakendecay; 12-31-2009 at 03:07 PM.

Tags
chin info, chinchila