Needs help with bad behavior - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Chinchilla Discussion Twitching whiskers, fluffy tails, silky soft fur and all else chinchilla!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 05-28-2006, 10:15 PM Thread Starter
Playful Pup

Unhappy Needs help with bad behavior

I am new to the posting but came to you guys because I need some help. My husband has had a chinchilla for about two years, he bought her from a pet store. When we got married our gift to each other were two young chins. A beige female 10 weeks and a mosaic female, 6 months old. We did what the breeder told us to do we put them all in cages next to each other nad the two new ones had no trouble during introductions. They have bonded wonderfully, the two year old has not however, She attacks the other two at every introduction and has even turned her aggressions and nervous behavior unto us. When she is angry, nervous or when we put our hand in her cage to feed her she urinates on us. She bites us and jst has terrible behavior with the two new additions present. A couple of times she has urinated on us while we are walking by after we have handled the other two. We are at our wits end and would like any advise possible. Thank you

Linsey and Chris
The Chillas-Rhonda, Fergie and the crabby Squeks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 05-29-2006, 12:43 PM
Angel to Abandoned Puppies

Unfortunately, you can't make all chins get along. There are a few methods you could try, but at this point I would recommend just letting the two live together peacefully and letting her be alone. I would also probably move her cage to another room if possible so she doesn't have to see the others or see you handle them.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

MCBA Member

I've Been Frosted

Tags
pet store