Neutered male question...Help! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Chinchilla Discussion Twitching whiskers, fluffy tails, silky soft fur and all else chinchilla!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-07-2004, 10:42 PM Thread Starter
Movin' Up in the Pack

Neutered male question...Help!

Almost a year ago I got a rescued chin from a veterinarian. She neutered him before I received him. I especially wanted him because I have a retired female chin (one of my first) that I thought was lonely.

Well tonight for the first time I saw him MATING with her!! Someone please tell me that neutered chins still go through the motions!!! The female is moist in her vaginal area just like with a regular mating. She really should not get pregnant. Years ago was her last litter and she lost a lot of weight with that pregnancy. She is now over 7 years old. Can proper neutering be botched???

Brenda
Caretaker of 2 dobermans,, 1 schnauzer, 5 cats, 3 goats, 1 parrot, 1 bearded dragon lizard, 11 chinchillas.
Rest in peace, Cricket, Casey, Bella, Yank, Chloe and Bones.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-08-2004, 01:14 AM
Angel to Abandoned Puppies

Yeah, neutering can certainly be botched. Poor elvis is proof of that.

I believe, and Jade would be for certain on this, that they still can and do go through the motions of mating after the fact.

Here's hoping he's just shooting blanks!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

MCBA Member

I've Been Frosted
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-08-2004, 09:49 AM
Paw-Talk Lifer

http://www.paw-talk.net/forums/showt...ght=Elvis+Geri

That was a year after Elvis' neuter. For a while, we were worried about a retained testicle, and even took blood to get a testosterone sample. So far, Geri's not come up pregnant, thank goodness. Apparently retained testicles aren't great at making sperm, so you have that on your side. Watch her close and count your days, Brenda. Good luck!!

Stephanie

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-08-2004, 05:21 PM
Tiny Grosskisser

I've seen my neutered males going through the motion as well. I'm hoping it's not a botched altering, because I'd have babies then! But, I don't think it was botched, because we haven't seen babies yet!

Karen

[

post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-08-2004, 06:10 PM Thread Starter
Movin' Up in the Pack

o.k. good LOL well it's good to know they can still "get it on." I will definitely mark my calender though and pray he is shooting blanks

Brenda
Caretaker of 2 dobermans,, 1 schnauzer, 5 cats, 3 goats, 1 parrot, 1 bearded dragon lizard, 11 chinchillas.
Rest in peace, Cricket, Casey, Bella, Yank, Chloe and Bones.

Tags
neutered male