The new cage!!! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Chinchilla Discussion Twitching whiskers, fluffy tails, silky soft fur and all else chinchilla!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 50 (permalink) Old 03-05-2007, 12:00 PM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

Talking The new cage!!!

I bought a cage at Petcetera. The cage is 30"x18"x33".

so far in the cage I have
1 Chin-Chiller
1 Sleep-N-Ledge
1 Leap-N-Ledge
1 Bowl for food
1 Water bottle ( do you think the chew guard will work ok??)
1 Chinchilla bath box

I have order
1 Chinchilla hammock
about 5 pound of chew toys I couldn't help my self

Still needing to get

1 chinchilla wheel or saucer
1 chinchilla house (any suggestions? )

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Kyo &
Krypto
1 poodle - Kitty
1 Mini Dachshund - Ivy

Last edited by Zack_the_Mouse; 03-05-2007 at 12:07 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 50 (permalink) Old 03-05-2007, 12:03 PM
Will It Ever Change?

neato!!! that's a nice cage, good and tall looking. i noticed your'e in belleville, i'm in ottawa and my roomate from laurentian university in sudbury was from belleville are! holy small world!

"If you can't change your fate, change your attitude." - Amy Tan
post #3 of 50 (permalink) Old 03-05-2007, 12:06 PM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulder
neato!!! that's a nice cage, good and tall looking. i noticed your'e in belleville, i'm in ottawa and my roomate from laurentian university in sudbury was from belleville are! holy small world!
I'm originally from the Ottawa Valley.

Kyo &
Krypto
1 poodle - Kitty
1 Mini Dachshund - Ivy

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 50 (permalink) Old 03-05-2007, 01:03 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

I'd find a way to put the water bottle outside the cage. Mine managed to chew the top of the bottle through the cage, so it'll probably get chewed on when hung like that.

Also, go ahead and remove the ramps. They aren't needed and can cause injury since they're slotted like that.

I do have a question for you - are the shelves metal or plastic? Do you mind sharing how much the cage cost?

Stephanie

post #5 of 50 (permalink) Old 03-05-2007, 01:07 PM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

It cost me $114.00 CAD.
ok and I'll remove the ramps do you think he'll be able to jump from each level ok?
how far should the shelves be apart width and height wise

The shelves are metal

Kyo &
Krypto
1 poodle - Kitty
1 Mini Dachshund - Ivy

post #6 of 50 (permalink) Old 03-05-2007, 01:14 PM

yes, i would remove the ramps or cover them w/carpet so we dont loose any chinnt toes
you asked..... ( do you think the chew guard will work ok??)
>>> in the pet store with that type of water bottle they managed to chew it, so yea, i'd prop. it outside the cage

lovely cage otherwise from what i can see...long as tehre is NO plastic for him/her to chew b/c if they ingest it, it could kill them

also...chinchillas are known to beable to jump like five feet in the air, he'll jum along his ledges just fine my andy jumps clear across his cage!!!
post #7 of 50 (permalink) Old 03-05-2007, 01:20 PM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarita2004
yes, i would remove the ramps or cover them w/carpet so we dont loose any chinnt toes
you asked..... ( do you think the chew guard will work ok??)
>>> in the pet store with that type of water bottle they managed to chew it, so yea, i'd prop. it outside the cage

lovely cage otherwise from what i can see...long as tehre is NO plastic for him/her to chew b/c if they ingest it, it could kill them

also...chinchillas are known to beable to jump like five feet in the air, he'll jum along his ledges just fine my andy jumps clear across his cage!!!
I was just wondering cause he's only 2 months old I just wanted to check

Kyo &
Krypto
1 poodle - Kitty
1 Mini Dachshund - Ivy

post #8 of 50 (permalink) Old 03-05-2007, 01:29 PM
Guarded by Waffles

bet they will enjoy it! It looks really good

Christine
Mommy to:
2 cats: Suess and Jezebel
2 horses: Winter and Junior
3 dogs: Panda, Maggie, Snoopy

And the rest:
5 cows, a bull and one mean buffalo

Gone but not forgotten:
Jester, cat
Waffles, dog
Gunny, ferret

Check out
post #9 of 50 (permalink) Old 03-05-2007, 01:56 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zack_the_Mouse
I was just wondering cause he's only 2 months old I just wanted to check
You'll be amazed.

Stephanie

post #10 of 50 (permalink) Old 03-05-2007, 05:12 PM

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jade
You'll be amazed.

you WOULD be amazed...just wait til you get the lil guy, when my friend first got him (and now i own him) he ended up on the kitchen table which is as high as my hip...he hopped vertically up there and looked around we were both like then he hopped down and went about his business
post #11 of 50 (permalink) Old 03-05-2007, 05:22 PM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

cool
I've removed the ramps and rigged up the water bottle to the out side

heres what it looks like now

so far in the cage I have
1 Chin-Chiller
1 Sleep-N-Ledge
1 Leap-N-Ledge
1 Bowl for food
1 Water bottle
1 Chinchilla bath box

I have order
1 Chinchilla hammock
about 5 pound of chew toys I couldn't help my self
1 Chinchilla Nook hut
1 comb
5 lb of food
5lb of timothy hay
1 small ledge

Still needing to get

1 chinchilla wheel or saucer

Kyo &
Krypto
1 poodle - Kitty
1 Mini Dachshund - Ivy

Last edited by Zack_the_Mouse; 03-05-2007 at 05:25 PM.
post #12 of 50 (permalink) Old 03-05-2007, 05:50 PM

LOOKS GOOD make sure if you get a wheel or saucer it's one that doesn't make them hurt their back or catch their toes
post #13 of 50 (permalink) Old 03-05-2007, 05:56 PM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

I want to get him a Flying Saucer Wheel
but I won't be able to buy it for another month or so

I spent almost all of my paycheck one all this stuff and the cost of the Chin and the gas to pick him up

Kyo &
Krypto
1 poodle - Kitty
1 Mini Dachshund - Ivy

post #14 of 50 (permalink) Old 03-05-2007, 06:11 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

Just a warning, the flying saucer wheel is going to be LOUD on that cage.

You might look at a Chin Spin wheel instead.

Stephanie

post #15 of 50 (permalink) Old 03-05-2007, 06:13 PM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

really????
I thought they where really quite

Kyo &
Krypto
1 poodle - Kitty
1 Mini Dachshund - Ivy

Tags
cage bars, chew toy, chew toys, dust bath, pet store, timothy hay