Okay, I am seriously considering this. . . - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Chinchilla Discussion Twitching whiskers, fluffy tails, silky soft fur and all else chinchilla!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-19-2002, 01:34 AM Thread Starter

Okay, I am seriously considering this. . .

The other day Akasha posted a link to an adoption site of a Chinchilla in my area. I have been looking at them in the local pet store, but have not been able to justify spending $95-100 right now especially with a new little one on the way.

What I need to know is how much does it cost to set up a chinchilla, what do I need, and should I really do this now with a new baby coming any day now.

The little guy that got me to thinking . . .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-19-2002, 01:37 AM
Paw-Talk Lifer

Honestly I'd wait til the baby is a bit older. They can take some time to socialize and the baby will demand most of your time for a few years.

I would definitely suggest one though, and feel free to check out Chinnitude for some info!! Run some searches, you'll come up with some great stuff on initial expectations, and I'm sure everyone here will offer many suggestions!

Stephanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-19-2002, 01:51 AM Thread Starter

Thanks, I was thinking, I may just be feeling the nesting instincts to get another cuddly little thing. I will in the mean time start my research.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-19-2002, 01:55 AM
Paw-Talk Lifer

LOL!! I'm sure it's a combination of how utterly irresistable chins are, and nesting instincts!

Truly, I couldn't imagine my life without my furballs. I walk in the room and they're at the door waiting to greet me, twist until they nearly fall over for a scratch, nibble my lips, eyebrows, and chin in kisses, I could go on and on! They're not for everyone, and I'd supervise any child closely with one, but they're wonderful little creatures!!

Stephanie

post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-19-2002, 03:05 AM

Uh oh, I sense another convert...

I would agree with Jade on waiting a little bit, they do take quite a bit of your time if you want a tame friendly chin (especially if you adopt an adult, it'll probably take a little longer). I would say when the baby is a little older and you know you'll have time, GO FOR IT!! They are awesome little animals and in my opinion pretty cheap to take care of aside from vet bills.

Tags
local pet store, pet store