One of my chinchillas passed away this weekend. - Page 2 - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Chinchilla Discussion Twitching whiskers, fluffy tails, silky soft fur and all else chinchilla!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-26-2007, 02:43 PM Thread Starter
Playful Pup

Thank you, it's nice knowing that some people don't think im nuts.

"Never allow someone to be your priority while allowing yourself to be their option."
Shadow, Thor, Sandy, Pandora and Isis
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Spike
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-26-2007, 02:44 PM

well all of us on PT are nuts JOKES

Hope you have a good day though! like i said, def. in my thoughts!!
post #18 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-27-2007, 07:30 PM
Proud New Mommy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulula
He did bring the girls back last nite, they got a different antibiotic and we brought my only male that I have left and gave him antibiotics too, just in case. And, they are going to do an autopsy on my male, I really need to know what is causing this. My family thinks im nuts paying for an autopsy on a chinchilla, but I need to know why this is happening and if an autopsy on one can save my other 3, then I'm all for it.

First of all, I am so sorry to hear about this. I hope you're feeling better. I would definitly take the other chins into the veterinarian to get them on preventative antibiotics if at all possible.

Second of all, I would like to say that getting the autopsy on your chinnie is the most responsible thing you can do and I would really like you to commemorate you on that.

Please keep us updated on everything.

"Live your beliefs and you can turn the world around"- Henry David Thoreau
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #19 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-30-2007, 07:32 AM Thread Starter
Playful Pup

The other 3 are all on antibiotics and seem to be doing fine, eating well, drinking, no lethargy. I'm keeping my fingers crossed and still waiting to hear back from the vet on the autopsy results.

"Never allow someone to be your priority while allowing yourself to be their option."

Spike
post #20 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-30-2007, 12:44 PM

glad the others are doing well!! sorry you've had to go thru all this!
post #21 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-30-2007, 07:38 PM

i had major issue with one of my girls. after about two weeks of her improving and having problems we went to one place, they did blood work and found out what was wrong. we had to put her down she was so bad off. when i get the money im going to take my other female to get blood work to make sure she is all in all in good health. she seems good, but so did the other one. it might be something to think about. but every case is different. much love...
post #22 of 25 (permalink) Old 04-30-2007, 10:46 PM Thread Starter
Playful Pup

I'm sorry you had to put her down. What was wrong with her? The vet has taken stool samples but no blood from them. The girls still have loose stools even after being on two different antibiotics. What were your girl's symptoms?

Spike
post #23 of 25 (permalink) Old 05-01-2007, 03:14 PM

all the vet told me was that she had liver and kidney failure. she's has no idea how she got that way and neither do i. so was doing perfectly fine then all of a sudden she looked miserable. she was breathing heavy, and stop eating on and off. we really just couldnt figure out what happened. but with the blood work they can tell you so much.
post #24 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-26-2007, 05:10 PM

hi im really sorry im so sad when animals die im not so bothered bout people like in war fil im like poor horses when soiders are dieing.im really sorry for you i would cry for days.
xxxxdont be sadxxxxxxxx
post #25 of 25 (permalink) Old 06-27-2007, 01:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulula
The girls still have loose stools even after being on two different antibiotics.
The antibiotics probably will not help the loose stool. They need a probiotic in between doses of antibiotics (about 4 hours after) to replenish the good bacteria that are killed in the digestive tract by the antibiotics. Benebac or acidophilus are usually pretty easy to come by.

I hope you figure out what this is soon.

Tags
doing fine, separate cages