Peanut not doing well - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Chinchilla Discussion Twitching whiskers, fluffy tails, silky soft fur and all else chinchilla!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-06-2006, 06:49 AM Thread Starter
Movin' Up in the Pack

Unhappy Peanut not doing well

I decided to drive the hour and a half to Peanut's old vet to get a good opinion on his condition. I'm so glad I did. She found lots of problems with his eyes that the other vet didn't see. She used a dye and found that things are not working normally in the sinus area. We're trying antibiotics just in case it's an infection in his roots, but we're really thinking it's going to be something worse with his teeth. We go for another checkup in 2 weeks and may have x-rays if the antibiotics don't help.

Please keep Peanut in your thoughts. The vet was concerned he may lose some vision and I'm thinking that this is already happening. I can't imagine how much his little head must hurt with everything that's going on in there. I'm really worried about what's going to happen to him.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-06-2006, 10:19 AM
Tiny Grosskisser

I'm so sorry.

Here's hoping that Peanut makes a full recovery.

Karen

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

[
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-06-2006, 10:48 AM Thread Starter
Movin' Up in the Pack

Thank you. It's hard not knowing what will happen.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-07-2006, 03:14 AM
Miss New Booty

Oh no..I'm so sorry to hear this, Katie. Peanut is in my thoughts.

~* Jackie *~

post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-07-2006, 06:52 PM
Kansas City Chinchillas

I'm sorry and hope the antibiotics help. Unfortunately it doesn't sound real good since his sinuses seem to be involved. Peanut will be in my prayers.

Cathy
Kansas City Chinchillas

post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-07-2006, 08:23 PM
I Heart My Job

I"m so sorry, I hope that he gets better soon.

sparkle->
shadow->

To seize the dragon is to face life.

I've been frosted!
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-07-2006, 08:37 PM
Movin' Up in the Pack

I'm so sorry. Could they not give him something for pain? I know in Guinea Pigs, they sometimes prescribe metacam (sic). He's in my thoughts.

Because I was born in the South, I'm a Southerner. If I had been born in the North, the West or the Central Plains, I would be just a human being.
Clyde Edgerton
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-07-2006, 10:49 PM
Part of the Pack

So sorry!! Sending ))))))))))))))good vibes(((((((((((((( to you!

post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-08-2006, 07:08 AM Thread Starter
Movin' Up in the Pack

I didn't ask the vet for anything and I figured that if she thought it was needed she would prescribe it. He isn't really pawing at his eyes much or anything so I'm hoping that means he can't feel what's happening.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-09-2006, 12:56 PM
Adolescent Pup

Hopefully he recovers well.
*HUGS*

*Corina's Critter World*

post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-09-2006, 01:04 PM
Proud New Mommy

Im so sorry. Peanut is in my thoughts.
)))Good vibes to your family- specially Peanut(((

"Live your beliefs and you can turn the world around"- Henry David Thoreau

Tags
guinea pig