Perplexed as to color - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Chinchilla Discussion Twitching whiskers, fluffy tails, silky soft fur and all else chinchilla!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-25-2006, 07:51 PM Thread Starter

Perplexed as to color

Okay, The newest little girl from Jetta and Oreo has me a bit perplexed as to what exactly she is. Daddy is a reverse mosaic (showing more eb than white, also possible TOV) Mom is a homo ebony.
From what I can see, I'm thinking either dark hetero eb, dark hetero eb TOV, reverse mosaic (white showing through a little bit), or reverse mosaic TOV.
So, here are the pics, tell me if you're seeing what I'm seeing and what you would consider her to be.

I see lighter around the arms, possible white developing there, masked face

Not the best lighting here, but I see the mask again, as well as some lighter areas possibly lightening to more of a white

Clearly an ebony belly, however turning white around genital area

Definetly a dark face (mask?) and do you see the pawstripes I'm seeing, or is it my imagination? Again, lighting up around the upper forearms and armpit areas.
So, You tell me!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-25-2006, 08:00 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

Definitely an ebony TOV ... you might have to wait and see on the mosaic part!

Stephanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-25-2006, 08:05 PM
Kansas City Chinchillas

I agree.

Cathy
Kansas City Chinchillas

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-25-2006, 08:08 PM

I've had an ebony with white around the genital area, no idea what THAT is about, but in shows he was strictly an ebony.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-26-2006, 07:39 PM
Proud New Mommy

I agree..

And how pretty she is!

"Live your beliefs and you can turn the world around"- Henry David Thoreau
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-26-2006, 07:42 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PokeyPokey
I've had an ebony with white around the genital area, no idea what THAT is about, but in shows he was strictly an ebony.
Does your's have white toes too? All her toes are white.

Yeah, I think I'm just going to call her a TOV Ebony unless more white pops through. She's a cutie though and a sweet little girl
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-26-2006, 08:01 PM

What's a TOV?
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-26-2006, 08:03 PM
Proud New Mommy

Touch of velvet... It is a recessive black velvet trait that the kit looks like she has picked up. You can tell by her distinct black mask and white toes. She is an ebony, not a black velvet because her tummy completely wraps the ebony color.

(Am I right? It's been a while!!)

"Live your beliefs and you can turn the world around"- Henry David Thoreau

Last edited by Rocheal; 09-26-2006 at 08:05 PM.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-26-2006, 08:06 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocheal
Touch of velvet... It is a recessive black velvet trait.

(Am I right? It's been a while!!)
Yup, you're right. It's where the face and back would be the solid dark color and normally where the belly would be white. However, since this baby is an ebony and therefore her color wraps around her belly as well, her belly isn't whit
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-26-2006, 08:33 PM

He had a few white toes (the hair on his toes) from what i can see, the same as your girl.
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-27-2006, 09:40 PM

cute

Tags
black velvet, homo ebony