personality? - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Chinchilla Discussion Twitching whiskers, fluffy tails, silky soft fur and all else chinchilla!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-10-2008, 01:05 AM Thread Starter

personality?

So how do chins compare to other animals as far as personality/interactiveness? I loved my hamsters, but they seemed like they could care less whether they had human interaction or not. My birds on the other hand do everything with me. My dog is somewhere in the middle. I was wondering do they enjoy human interaction? or is it like will this person please stop holding/petting me so I can go about my buisness? Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-10-2008, 11:22 AM

Most chins that have been hand raised love human interaction, each chin is different though
My Andy took a while to come around because he had a hard life before i got him. But now he calls for me to come over to his cage and pet him and hang out
Overall, they are very curious creatures.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-10-2008, 09:22 PM

I have a few that I got older and a few hand raised and they are wonderful! They love the attention. I have one who loves to just sit on my lap...and be pet and another who loves his head scratched and another who loves to have his belly rubbed. They have great personality and they love interaction with people. It is great, and they pose for pictures.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-11-2008, 01:16 PM
Kansas City Chinchillas

Most chins enjoy human attention. Some do not like to be held but they love attention.

Cathy
Kansas City Chinchillas

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-11-2008, 10:03 PM Thread Starter

I'm really wanting one but I know nothing where is a good place to start? the closest thing I've had before is a rabbit which I realize is completely different.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-13-2008, 07:21 PM

DO a lot of research, you are very young...better to learn about them and be experienced before getting one. Goodluck.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-14-2008, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelli View Post
I'm really wanting one but I know nothing where is a good place to start? the closest thing I've had before is a rabbit which I realize is completely different.
all pets have their own unique needs, but what's great about Paw Talk is that there are several threads within the Chin. Discussion (even stickied ones) that have lots of valuable information
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-14-2008, 10:30 AM Thread Starter

I kindly ask waht gave you the impression I was really young? or what do you mean by that statement? If I seem ignorant it's because I know nothing and am doing my research. If it's because of being a student well I don't know what you mean by that I have parrots that are going to live to be 20 plus years and I'm staying at home for college and I have a very supportive family that takes care of them when I am on trips. Just curious what you were implying by that statement.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-14-2008, 10:34 AM

(she may have been confused that your amount of posts are 15.... could have thought that was your age on accident )
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-14-2008, 10:36 AM Thread Starter

oh like i said i wasn't mad just confused.
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-20-2008, 09:20 PM

Chins have a tonnn of personality... i have 2.... complete opposites... One is slightly high strung, will chew on everything he sees, and isnt too corncerned if i leave for vacation and have my friend watch him. The other is a lot quieter, chews quite a bit less, and if i leave him alone for a night he sulks the next 4 days until i talk to him enough to convince him im not really leaving him.....

I like to tell people that chinchillas are great, they are as personable, or more so, as a dog and are as easy to house as any small animal