Picture Updates - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Chinchilla Discussion Twitching whiskers, fluffy tails, silky soft fur and all else chinchilla!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-26-2005, 06:27 AM Thread Starter
Part of the Pack

Smile Picture Updates

It's been a while since I shared some pics of my chins, so I figured I'd give an update It's really hard to get pics of the boys while they're out playing because they don't sit still! So unfortunately, I only have one pic of them and it's a cage shot But I have plenty of pics of the girl chin we have, Chilla.

The first pic is of the boys (in this order) Cadbury, Casper, and Punkin
The Second is of Chilla teasing the boys (as always!) while she was out playing.
The Third is of Chilla in what I would consider an uncomfy position, but she seems to always be comfy
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ChinBoys.JPG (39.3 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg ChillaTeasing.JPG (26.0 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg ComfyChilla.JPG (49.6 KB, 20 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-26-2005, 06:35 AM Thread Starter
Part of the Pack

Heres are more pics of lazy Chilla and how she uses her wheel now
And the last pic is how she looked for 2 days after we moved her wheel from its usual spot and hung it from the top of the cage (with supports of course!). She was a grumpy little chin those 2 days!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg LazyChilla.JPG (56.4 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg LazyChilla3.JPG (57.4 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg GrumpyChilla.JPG (47.3 KB, 7 views)

~*~ Kandy's Chinnies ~*~

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Chilla, our female

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Twin boys, Cadbury and Punkin
Casper.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-26-2005, 03:46 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

Cute pics, thanks for posting!

Steph ~ Owned by 4 bunnies and 5 degus..

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble
attribute of man." Charles Darwin

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-28-2005, 05:59 PM
Part of the Pack

Adorable chinnies. Thanks for sharing.

I don't know many people who keep the sort of wheel in their cage that you have in your picture, it's been said they are dangerous. Have you ever had any problems with that kind? Logically I can understand the arguement against them but I guess you would be a good person to ask if you ever have chin wheel accidents with that sort of wheel. This can get to be a pretty heated issue and I don't intend it to be one, I am truly curious how often or if you have had issues with that kind of wheel. Or maybe it was a chin wheel urban legend.

I use flying saucers but mostly because that's all I know about and my chins like them and I've never had any accidents with them. I swear they like to poop on them and fling it across the room, having poop flinging contests and a flying saucer wheel, as a chin you can get your poop flung pretty far.

My wonderful loves:
Emma, Xavier, SweetPea, Mr. Pickles, Mary Beth, Sheldon,Zena,Cadbury,Kapuah,Walter,Lou,Chip, Dilbert, Cartman, Gessepi,Miranda, Henry & Riker (my chins)/ Bunny, Little Cat,Clarissa (cats) , Lucy & Grace (Dappled Doxies) Simon (GSD puppy), Cookie (Australian Shepherd puppy), Captain Jack (cockatiel)
Bella Chinchillas
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-31-2005, 07:27 PM Thread Starter
Part of the Pack

I've only had one accident with my chin wheel and it was when all 3 boys were trying to play in it at once. What happened was the one chinchilla stuck his head in while the other was trying to play (he wasnt going very fast only walking). He didn't get hurt but it was a very VERY scary situation for the chin and me! I think they learned to take turns now though and I watch them closely! My female chin has never had any problems with the wheel (knock on wood!) I've been looking into getting a flying saucer for my chins but I can only find them for $100 or more which can get expensive when I have to buy for 4 chins.
So in general I'd say that for one chin, the type of wheel I have is ok, but for more than one you should watch them closely to make sure one doesnt get hurt!

~*~ Kandy's Chinnies ~*~

Chilla, our female

Casper.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-01-2005, 10:51 AM
Movin' Up in the Pack

Cute chins

Shannon

Mother to a beautiful girl!

post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-01-2005, 11:00 AM
Angel to Abandoned Puppies

they are adorable. Thanks for sharing.

MCBA Member

I've Been Frosted
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-09-2005, 01:00 PM
Part of the Pack

I think on chinworld they sell the saucers for 60 bucks. It's still not cheap but less than 100.

Thanks for sharing.

My wonderful loves:
Emma, Xavier, SweetPea, Mr. Pickles, Mary Beth, Sheldon,Zena,Cadbury,Kapuah,Walter,Lou,Chip, Dilbert, Cartman, Gessepi,Miranda, Henry & Riker (my chins)/ Bunny, Little Cat,Clarissa (cats) , Lucy & Grace (Dappled Doxies) Simon (GSD puppy), Cookie (Australian Shepherd puppy), Captain Jack (cockatiel)
Bella Chinchillas
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-09-2005, 03:52 PM Thread Starter
Part of the Pack

Thanks!! And thanks for the tip about the saucer!

~*~ Kandy's Chinnies ~*~

Chilla, our female

Casper.

Tags
sit still