Please Help My Sick Chinchilla! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Chinchilla Discussion Twitching whiskers, fluffy tails, silky soft fur and all else chinchilla!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-31-2010, 10:21 PM Thread Starter

Unhappy Please Help My Sick Chinchilla!

I have a 3 year old male chinchilla who has just moved with me from Mississippi to Florida. After arriving in Florida, he started sneezing. I rushed him to the vet who provided me with smz/tmp antibiotic along with the probiotic probiocin. He hasn't had any nasal discharge, but he is still sneezing, not eating his pellets (but eating his hay), not drinking, has diarrhea and is lethargic. He has received subcutaneaous fluids and I am syringe feeding him fluids as well. This has been going on for two weeks but he doesn't seem to be getting better. I know this is a lot of detail but has anyone been in the situation and/or know how to help? Thank you much.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-01-2010, 12:26 PM
Rodentologist

Are you handfeeding him? Has your vet done a fecal on the diarrhea?

We are as gods to the beasts of the fields. We order the time o' their birth and the time o' their death. Between times, we ha' a duty. - Terry Pratchett.

"Men have forgotten this truth", said the fox, "But you must not forget it. You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed. - Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-01-2010, 07:16 PM
chinchilla breeder

First you need to know what caused the diarrhea to stop it. Have you had feed changes or water source changes, do you use tap or bottled water?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Kristy Morici
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
ABC CHINCHILLAS

Many high quality chinchillas Available..

Tags
chinchilla, sick